Esteemed Contributor

Re: Lisa Robertson...Vendor ?

@cater wrote:

ShellGarden, thanks for starting this topic. Am enjoying reading all the nice comments about Lisa rather then the jab comments about her. I really think yes people can be replaced at a job site but if the person who originally sat in that chair for a long period and you enjoyed the time they were there no matter how you try to let some one in that space your mind goes back to the person who made such a impression on you. that is how I feel about Lisa. Liked Lisa no matter what she was presenting and lord knows the lady worked all the most nights. I often wondered how she ever had a social life at all it seemed she was always working. So yes I do miss her..

You are so welcome, dear sweet Cater.  I do agree with you, it is so nice to see positive comments about Lisa.  I know many of us miss her very much, her hosting as well as her designs.

Occasional Contributor

Miss Lisa also! Sure wish she'd come back on TV doing something. She was a class act and some of the new hosts are simply not.

Let's hope we hear what she'll be doing next.....

Joy in OH

Esteemed Contributor

I went over to read on Lisa's FB page this afternoon.  She was getting ready to fly back home and posted a poem she made up.  It was quite funny.

One poster asked Lisa if she was "getting a day job"?  Lisa replied, "Nope...not a day job.  She said she was tired of working for someone else".

Another poster stated that she read on Valerie Parr Hill's FB page that she too was attending the shows in Atlanta, GA., the same time as Lisa and the poster asked Lisa about it.  Lisa said she knew Valerie was there but because of their conflicting schedules, they did not get to meet up.

Now, I am hoping Lisa is bringing her designs to us somewhere, like Valerie is.  I love both of their designs, but Lisa is more my style.  Keeping my fingers crossed.  Sounds like "something is in the works"!!!

Thank you to the posters here who have kept this conversation going in a respectful manner, regardless of whether we may agree or disagree.  I really mean that.

Esteemed Contributor

@Joy in Ohio wrote:

Miss Lisa also! Sure wish she'd come back on TV doing something. She was a class act and some of the new hosts are simply not.

Let's hope we hear what she'll be doing next.....

Joy in OH

Hi Joy...what a sweet post.  I am hoping too.  By what I posted just now, looks like Lisa may be up to something, lol.

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

Graciesmom....LISA does have alot of followers...over 118,000.  I hope we see LISA again soon somewhere on air!

She had that many followers about this time last year.  Looks like she hasn't added many new followers since that speculation about her trainer.  Considering the national brand and Q is being broadcasted in millions of homes, I don't think she has much of a following, and she's not going to generate too many more as long as she keeps doing what she's doing.  I would've thought she'd made a big announcement by now...something bigger than video chats anyway.

I noticed the other day that Shawn is at almost 102,000 followers now.  I have no idea where she was at this time last year though but I was sort of shocked at the numbers.

Esteemed Contributor

Last night, Lisa posted on her FB page..."I'm working on something I hope you're going to like.  It's not quite ready yet".

Hmmmm, sounds like to alot of the responses which are excited...that hopefully she will be bringing something for us to purchase.  I think she did have to wait until her year contract is up, which is March. 

I wish her the best of luck and can't wait until she announces what she is "working on".  She is in New York today for Fashion Week.  You Go Lisa!!!

Honored Contributor

@deepwaterdotterWe could Google and find out, but what I suspect we'd find is that it's not a shopping channel, but a gathering where all kinds of vendors can go and choose items they want to sell - maybe on a shopping channel or ebay or in their own local shops. 

It sounds very much like a place one of the owners of a small store in my Long Island town went to every year to look for items she might add to her inventory.  If it is that place, Lisa could come away with some very interesting items -  I know I found lots of small bits of home decor almost every time I stopped into the store I'm remembering. 

Respected Contributor

@shell garden wrote:

Last night, Lisa posted on her FB page..."I'm working on something I hope you're going to like.  It's not quite ready yet".

Hmmmm, sounds like to alot of the responses which are excited...that hopefully she will be bringing something for us to purchase.  I think she did have to wait until her year contract is up, which is March. 

I wish her the best of luck and can't wait until she announces what she is "working on".  She is in New York today for Fashion Week.  You Go Lisa!!!

@shell garden 

Her last day with QVC was mid

December 2014

not March.

😊

••• Please adopt don't shop ••• Save a life adopt a pet •••
Esteemed Contributor

@newziesuzie wrote:

@shell garden wrote:

@shell garden 

Her last day with QVC was mid

December 2014

not March.

😊

Hi .... I know someone that knows Lisa.  She started at the Q in March 1995....so, even though she did leave in Dec. 2014....her contract was not officially up until March 2015.  Thus, she has to wait a year before doing anything in the public eye, like selling or going to another place of employment, so that would be March 2016.  I hope you are having a wonderful day.

Respected Contributor

love lisa!  i would kill me if she became a vendor.  my pockebook would revolt!!!