Valued Contributor

I see on Lisa R's Facebook that she had another interview with a QVC seller. This time it was the lady who owns and sells Tatcha beauty products. She has had several QVC vendors on in the past. I wonder why she is promoting various vendors from QVC? I thought she was finished with her QVC connection.

Honored Contributor

I had asked the same question. Is this her career change?  The interviews seem rather amateur. Not much of a step up from a host on QVC.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa R's interviews

[ Edited ]

I think she keeps up, and mentions, her QVC vendor connections simply because it's what ties her FB audience to her FB page. If she posted *only* about her day to day existence without those ties (i.e. I got up, took a shower, ate breakfast, did my exercises) a large percentage of her followers would drop off. And without her hopeful followers, she is just a gig-less ex-host and no different than any ordinary person posting the same info.

For her own reasons, she feels she needs to keep her fans' hopes up that she will again appear on QVC in some capacity. So, the constant barrage of reminders that she is still, after 13 months, LisaQVC.

My personal opinion is that she hopes that one of her BFF vendor buddies will hire her to work for them because she has nothing else on the fire. She is *constantly* jetting hither and yon, from coast to coast and back again (and complaining about the travails of travel) to stay in the minds of the vendors and to have selfie fodder that will excite the fans.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

I am still waiting to se what she has planned for her future too.I guess she will get something going soon now.I can't look at her Facebook now that I am not a Facebook member so I will have to wait and hear it here.I wonder if she really doesn't plan to get into something else and really just wants to be retired and enjoy her life doing just the odd thing here and there to keep herself amused.

Honored Contributor

It sounds as though she's testing the waters and experimenting with what might be next. Good for her. I wish her well in her next endeavor! Smiley Happy

-- bebe Smiley Happy

Super Contributor

Well , I think it's entirely possible that one of her vendor friends has offered her a job already but that it was not to her liking. Just speculating.

Respected Contributor

Lisa said in her holiday decorating videos that she'll be selling Christmas decorations.  Therefore, she already has something in the works.  She went to some kind of big retail center down south a few weeks ago that I thought might be a place where vendors go to connect with buyers.  Does anyone have any info about this?

She also employs an assistant now, which tells me that she is planning future ventures.

Lisa said in the ABC interview last year that she is not retiring.

She's interviewed some from QVC, like Chaz Dean and Mark Zunino?, who are also her friends. 

Lisa seems to only post pictures of friends who are well known to the public.  I do wonder whether she does this deliberately since the Daily Mail did the story a year ago.  Many times, she'll be out with people and will only post a picture of the atmosphere or her meal.  It could very well be that she doesn't want to subject people to publicity they might not be too keen to get.

I check her FB page every day, which is odd since I'm not on FB and never once went to her QVC page when she was there.  I'm curious about what she'll do next.  Her posts have been fewer recently.  I've wondered whether she's especially busy with her plans for her next venture and has less time for it.  Time will tell.

Honored Contributor

Re: Lisa R's interviews

[ Edited ]

I could be wrong (happens every day!Smiley), but I don't believe many people outside the QVC audience knows who Lisa Robertson is.  And since there are so many interviewers out there on tv and on the internet, most celebrities or businesses likely would go with someone with a broader audience.  I did watch one of her videos after seeing it recommended on a thread here,  and I thought she did a nice job -- but this was with someone with whom she already has a friendship.  I just believe her audience is limited (it's large, but relatively limited) and so her choice of interview candidates is limited.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

I think she keeps up, and mentions, her QVC vendor connections simply because it's what ties her FB audience to her FB page. If she posted *only* about her day to day existence without those ties (i.e. I got up, took a shower, ate breakfast, did my exercises) a large percentage of her followers would drop off. And without her hopeful followers, she is just a gig-less ex-host and no different than any ordinary person posting the same info.

For her own reasons, she feels she needs to keep her fans' hopes up that she will again appear on QVC in some capacity. So, the constant barrage of reminders that she is still, after 13 months, LisaQVC.

My personal opinion is that she hopes that one of her BFF vendor buddies will hire her to work for them because she has nothing else on the fire. She is *constantly* jetting hither and yon, from coast to coast and back again (and complaining about the travails of travel) to stay in the minds of the vendors and to have selfie fodder that will excite the fans.

Why do you read her FB page, if so critical?

Trusted Contributor

She is only known in the QVC "circle" and is trying to stay relevant.