Honored Contributor

@StillFuntoShop wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

What I do not understand is why if she has left QVC, does she only talk about and interview QVC vendors? Kind of has been done that vendors.... she should interview and discuss new lines... make it interesting.  At this point poor Lisa is just rehashing old news, and for a blog that is the kiss of  DEATH.

She should just get a good investor and invest in the stockmarket for her retirement.  Seems rather senseless to start a new business from scratch using old recycled lines and vendors. 

Probably because it is a link to her Q fans. 

Then she needs some New Fans. 

Valued Contributor

It is all weird.  Lisa's continual ties to QVC vendors (doesn't seem like she really left), her lifestyle of daily dinners with these people, trips with them,  showing all the same products now, and her boring blog or whatever it is.

It is so contrived and lacks any real purpose or interest.  

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

It is all weird.  Lisa's continual ties to QVC vendors (doesn't seem like she really left), her lifestyle of daily dinners with these people, trips with them,  showing all the same products now, and her boring blog or whatever it is.

Really, I can't figure what that is all about.  Makes no sense to me.

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

But isn't that what friends do, have dinner and such together?  Regardless of how or where you met them.  I have been on my job for 20 years and I am sure I would still see many of them for the rest of my life.

If Joan Rivers had lived I do not see her letting Lisa slip out of her world just because she no longer worked at the Q.  Joan had to much class for that.

I think it speaks well for Lisa, the Vendors, and the other Hosts who stay in touch with each other.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@hopi wrote:

As much as I wish Lisa well and success,  she puts a strain on the people who work for Q.  They are really good people to try and help her.

Q is a mega mafia and has probably blacklisted Lisa from many jobs but this was something Lisa should have known going out the door.

If this is what she wanted to do, without as much commitment she should have stayed at Q and just taken a secondary and smaller role.

Does she? Could you please explain how you know this to be the case?

Honored Contributor

For those who are into the beauty lines that Q sells (I'm totally faithful to another brand/another channel), I can see why they would go to her facebook/youtube *shows*.

She's like qvc, but without electronics, mattresses, and vacuum segments. 

I've looked at her facebook page (practically every time someone mentions it here, lol).

I can't understand why someone who clearly doesn't like her, would go onto her facebook page.  I. just. don't. get. it.

Honored Contributor

@HB glamma wrote:

I like Lisa. With that said, I don't think she left on her own terms. She is heading the same way as he ex friend who left the Q,  

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@HB glamma wrote:

But isn't that what friends do, have dinner and such together?  Regardless of how or where you met them.  I have been on my job for 20 years and I am sure I would still see many of them for the rest of my life.

If Joan Rivers had lived I do not see her letting Lisa slip out of her world just because she no longer worked at the Q.  Joan had to much class for that.

I think it speaks well for Lisa, the Vendors, and the other Hosts who stay in touch with each other.

I agree, I think it says a lot about Lisa and how much the vendors appreciate her. I have no problem with Lisa keeping herself relevant until her plans are announced. She must have been well liked by many vendors. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

**Careful... I have caps lock and I am not afraid to use it.**
Honored Contributor

@Krimpette wrote:

I'd be much more impressed with her new endeavor, had she spent the last year developing her own contacts, rather than merely an extension of what she used to do with the Q's long-time vendors.

Or making sure the live chats run smoothly and professionally. Assistants, "exciting plans" and "next steps" are swell, but the FB page and vlogablah still appear unprofessional and amateurish and according to the Tribe the live video chats have rarely ever worked since the FB page went up a year plus ago. But they love her anyway, so she's clearly figured out she doesn't need to put much effort into appearing professional. It's "just us girls" hangin' out with pseudo-celeb guests.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

Someone explained what "tribe" really means in this context.  When I kept seeing that on Lisa's page, I thought the people who post on her page had arbitrarily given themselves that name. 

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but it seemed to me from what I saw on her page, some posters sent her congratulatory flowers when her Vlogazine launched.  

She has said that she will be selling stuff via the blog. 

I've never watched her live interviews but I've heard enough about them to know they are always a mess.

It's my understanding Jill Bauer recently did one during the last episode of Downton Abbey.  I wonder how that went and if there were tons of problems?