Trusted Contributor

Does anybody know what happened to her Facebook page where she updates Gino's condition.  I can't seem to find it.

Regular Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

@K9buddy,

I am not here everyday, so some updates may change when I am away, but I do remember that one of the posters..quoting, from her facebook approximately 2 weeks ago, saying, something to this effect:  'my husband is very ill and I am choosing to be with him during this difficult time'.

Thank each and every friend who has posted and has concern about my dear husband, but at this time, I need my privacy time, along with my husband's. Thank you very much.

I would assume by that message, she no longer is posting or has the time. That is all that I can contribute to anyway In the way of updated news.

I would want the same considerable niceness if THIS should be me.

I can only keep the both of them in my prayers and _believe that her husband is having the best of care and not being in pain.

This has to be very emotional a Nd... quite consuming as a loving care giver. 

If anyone knows or can factually give an more updated assessment, then I am hopeful it would be more positive than the before above mentioned. 

"Anyone being through this and continues on day-to -day for a loved one is just about all 'they' can handle".

NAES

Honored Contributor

lisa has three facebook pages that i know of......a qvc page, a "public figure" page, and a personal page.

her most recent post is on her "public figure" page LISA P MASON and it has been posted on various threads since then. it is dated 10/1/15.

Friends. A confession. Gino almost died on August 14th. I got him to the hospital just in time. It seems that My Beloved has something known as DPD deficiency. A "silent" genetic mutation found in approximately 26 million Americans. Harmless unless the person is diagnosed with cancer and is given the chemotherapy drugs 5FU or Xeloda. Although the drug manufacturers disclose it, oncologists are not required to disclose the FDA Black Box warning. In essence, if a person is DPD deficient, his/her body cannot eliminate the chemotherapy. It just stays in the body and burns it from the inside out. Often times, it is fatal. I am beginning a grass roots campaign called "Rare, but there." Please, please if you or someone you know has been diagnosed with breast cancer, colon cancer, rectal cancer, esophageal cancer, head and neck cancer or ovarian cancer, I BEG you .... Google search "DPD deficiency and 5FU" or "DPD deficiency and Xeloda." I also beg you to share or post this everywhere you can. If you are on QVC's or HSN's chat rooms, please post. If you are on a cancer forum, please post! I shutter to think of the lives lost needlessly because patients/caregivers didn't know about DPD deficiency. If you want to join me on this campaign, I welcome it. God bless you! Please share this!!!!

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

She has also been recently diagnosed with Minier's Disease - it causes severe dizziness/vertigo. She had mentioned that a few weeks ago on her page. That was a contributing factor to her leaving QVC this last time.Smiley Sad

Regular Contributor

Am I the only one who can see my post???

In my reply to @K9buddy I have the hyper link to Lisa Mason's Facebook page she is currently posting on. If you click on the link, you will go directly to her page...

Respected Contributor

@marytoodles wrote:

In my reply to @K9buddy I have the hyper link to Lisa Mason's Facebook page she is currently posting on. If you click on the link, you will go directly to her page...

I see it just fine.

Honored Contributor

@marytoodles wrote:

i can see your post @marytoodles

i also mentioned that she has three facebook pages.

i copied and pasted her most recent post from her public figure link (the one that you posted). not everyone likes to click on links in these forums.....especially links from facebook.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

Thanks ladies!

Honored Contributor

via facebook

Hello, my dear friends. A rough time. In the midst of his treatment, we have been plagued by the storms and floods of South Carolina. We have not been spared. I recently prayed for "a break, Lord, please, I can't take any more", as the water poured through my roof and my Beloved suffered with side effects of treatment.
But, I know the sun will shine again. I hold on to that. God bless you. Thank you. We love you.