Trusted Contributor

Re: Lester Holt's Ratings Triumph!

@Pearlee wrote:

@RedHeadedWench wrote:

I love Lester. It's sort of a crush because hey, hes good lookin....hubba hubba...but mostly because he  is a really great and honest journalist IMHO. Always has been in my eyes any way.

I was so glad that they placed him in the anchor chair when all that mush mush with Brian Williams went down, and I was elated when he got the job permanently. I watch almost every evening!

LOL!   @RedHeadedWench   I think he is too, but not in a pretty boy way like Muir or Williiams nor pretty girl way like Diane Sawyer, nor like everyone hired at Foxnews to anchor.  He is handsome in an intellectual kind of way, and defintely easy on the eyes.  I also think  having a lot of class adds to his attractiveness.

He's from Jamaica I think, or his parents are.  I find Jamaican people generally to be very attracive (think Harry Belafonte! Major hubba hubba there!)

Yes, his parents are from Jamaica. He was able to take his mom back there a few years ago on NBC's dime for a story, and it was so happy and sad at the same time. You could see that he loves his mom very much.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Pearlee wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

For goodness sake the news isn't as it was in the past. It's full of misinformation and wrong conclusions. While Brian fudged the facts, it didn't change the world or expose anyone to disaster. I have nothing against Lester but Brian made the news experience much more enjoyable. I miss him.

"Fudging the facts" is lying. And he inserted himself into news stories.  No, it didn't change the world nor expose anyone -- other than himself -- to disaster, but it made him lose his credibility.  Remember Walter Cronkite, the Most Trusted Man In America?  How can we believe Williams' delivery of the news?  And what kinds of problems does he have that he feels the need to aggrandize himself so much and make himself part of the story?  He's either a huge liar or delusional or both, not.  a good thing for a news anchor to be.

Fudging the facts IS lying...it's the same as one of the current presidential candidates claiming she landed in a hot landing zone in Kosovo (LZ for you military out there). Never happened, nor would it be allowed.

Honored Contributor

Good for Lester!  i'm a big fan!  

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Esteemed Contributor

How funny it is to see posts slamming Williams for embellishing himself and not the real news on NBC's broadcasts while an entire network makes a name for distorting it and is proud of the fact that the 1st Am. protects the right to tell lies as well as the truth.

I guess it proves you CAN make stuff up. LOL
Honored Contributor

Well to be honest....i think muir was handsome and i dont think lester is. BUT! Muir starts every news cast too hyper for me. So I'll ask the om (old man) to put Holt on again. I really hatemthe news. It's all sensationalizes. If some falls down they'll show it 5 ormsix times. Really? Fox would be more to my liking but i always forget about it.lol....
Honored Contributor

I have no idea how.to fix ALL 30 typos from my phone...soooo...I'm off to the shower but please accept my apologies!
Respected Contributor

We switch back and forth depending on the news segment so we don't really like one over the others.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kalli wrote:

We switch back and forth depending on the news segment so we don't really like one over the others.

Which doesn't mean you can't be glad Lester got the anchor  job and is doing well in the ratings.....

Esteemed Contributor

Or it could mean that she just doesn't care about  ratings. : )

Honored Contributor

@Lila Belle wrote:

Or it could mean that she just doesn't care about  ratings. : )

@Lila Belle    True, but I kinda wondered why she even posted on this thread?  I wondered what she thought about Lester, which is what the thread is about.