Honored Contributor

Re: Leah Remini.......

[ Edited ]

@sophiamarie, I saw last nights show! I guess if you think of Jim Jones and his group, and some of the other compounds under the guise of rel. there also was the one out West, where the women and girls wore long dresses and had that long hair. I know back in the 60's there was all the communes going on. People really have to be careful of those things.

Esteemed Contributor

I admire  Leah's courage to expose that cult, but I worry that they will take a contract out on her.

I wouldn't put it past them.

They are ruthless and will stop at nothing to protect their image.

Honored Contributor

I recorded it, but haven't watched yet. I really liked the Going Clear book by Lawrence Wright and the HBO documentary based on the book. I'm glad Leah is working to expose them, but I don't have a lot of faith in A&E, which seems to be more interested in exploiting people than really doing something positive. Hopefully this will be different.

Honored Contributor

I remember Leah on a number of shows including being on Saved by the Bell and I remember her in a show called Fired Up with Sharon Lawrence.  I liked that but I don't think it lasted that long.

I watched King of Queens from day 1 until the end but grew very, very tired of her character on that program.  She got to be so mean and she and Doug were so mean to each other, it wasn't enjoyable to watch. I personally thought she became too loud and too brash and it was just off putting to me.

Then I watched a few times when she hosted The Talk and realized that Leah IS Carrie Heffernan.  She is that loud, brash, over the top person who I find just to be too much.  I remember the big stink Leah made when she was let go from The Talk. 

I did watch her reality show.  I found her slightly tamed down with her daughter but she came across as having a good heart and personally her mother was hilarious.  I do wonder how her nanny is now. She had breast cancer and went through treatments but finished them up on the show.

Her reality show had a couple episodes that touch on Scientology and Leah grew up that way.  Her sisters, mom and BIL were all a part of Scientology and when Leah decided to break away from the church, her family had to make the decision to leave as well or they could not have anything to do with Leah.  I remember her one sister and her sister's husband left as well as her mother.  I don't remember if Leah's other sister left because I don't remember her from the show.       

Honored Contributor

Hi LD!  Yeah, Leah really is a good person.  Sure, she's pretty outspoken and sometimes brash, but I really do think she is a good person and it was nice to get to know her, and her family, more through that short-lived reality show.   

Super Contributor

I like Leah a lot but didn't care for her on The Talk.

Her bio and filmography is here, link.

Honored Contributor

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

I remember Leah on a number of shows including being on Saved by the Bell and I remember her in a show called Fired Up with Sharon Lawrence.  I liked that but I don't think it lasted that long.

I watched King of Queens from day 1 until the end but grew very, very tired of her character on that program.  She got to be so mean and she and Doug were so mean to each other, it wasn't enjoyable to watch. I personally thought she became too loud and too brash and it was just off putting to me.

Then I watched a few times when she hosted The Talk and realized that Leah IS Carrie Heffernan.  She is that loud, brash, over the top person who I find just to be too much.  I remember the big stink Leah made when she was let go from The Talk. 

I did watch her reality show.  I found her slightly tamed down with her daughter but she came across as having a good heart and personally her mother was hilarious.  I do wonder how her nanny is now. She had breast cancer and went through treatments but finished them up on the show.

Her reality show had a couple episodes that touch on Scientology and Leah grew up that way.  Her sisters, mom and BIL were all a part of Scientology and when Leah decided to break away from the church, her family had to make the decision to leave as well or they could not have anything to do with Leah.  I remember her one sister and her sister's husband left as well as her mother.  I don't remember if Leah's other sister left because I don't remember her from the show.       

I saw that show when she got together with her parents and sister and her sisters husband. I thought the part where her sisters husband said when he told his parents he was leaving Scientology, they said they would never speak to him again was so sad. 

This "religion" is unbelievable to me. 

Respected Contributor

I don't understand why they haven't been shut down.  They have all these witnesses, who could testify to abuse.

Esteemed Contributor

@LyndaGee wrote:

I don't understand why they haven't been shut down.  They have all these witnesses, who could testify to abuse.

How do you shut down a religion. People choose to be there and submit to the ideology. We have freedom of religion. It's a personal choice. I don't think the "state" can govern what people believe and how they choose to consolidate those beliefs, even the cult belief systems. 

Respected Contributor

One of the participants in the show said he was physically beaten by that David M. , the leader.  Couldn't he be prosecuted?