Respected Contributor

Re: Leah Remini.......

[ Edited ]

I've been watching.  Leah is fierce and I love that about her and I agree she needs to go after that cult and get a govt official involved to strip it of its religion label.  It is not a religion and it should not be enjoying a tax free existence all of these years.  How the remaining members cannot rally behind Leah speaks volumes about their sad character. People like Tom Cruise, Travolta, Kirstie Alley they're just terribly brain washed and at this point it's probably just too painful to admit theyve been duped and have given millions of dollars to a sham organization.  If I could have Leah's ear I would tell her stop calling it a church.  

Esteemed Contributor

I have it on Season Pass and so far, there are three episodes.

Disconnection  (12/3)

Fair Game                   (12/6)

Bridge to Total Freedom  (12/13)

Esteemed Contributor

I read somewhere (online) that Tom Cruise wants "out" of the cult because he says they were cutting into his personal life too much and he is missing out on Suri's childhood.

If I were Katie Holmes, I would be very careful about letting him involve himself too much into Suri's life.  The next thing you know, he would be inducting her......This "story" of his, wanting to get out, could be just that.  A story......  JMO

Respected Contributor

But wouldn't Tom Cruise have had to "disconnect" from his family - since they are not part of Scientoloogy.  So how can he have contact with Suri?

I thought that was one of the main points of this whole series.

Honored Contributor

@Isobel Archer wrote:

But wouldn't Tom Cruise have had to "disconnect" from his family - since they are not part of Scientoloogy.  So how can he have contact with Suri?

I thought that was one of the main points of this whole series.

He went for around 3 years I think without seeing his daughter. He is a nut.

Honored Contributor

Re: Leah Remini.......

[ Edited ]

I watched the first episode on On Demand the other day, and I plan to follow the entire series.  LR feels a responsibility to expose the wrongs because she was so instrumental in promoting "the church" at one time.  That takes guts.  I can't imagine the amount of courage it took those who have fled to find a way to plan their escape, knowing they'd be penniless and not have a place to live, but knew they had to get out in spite of that.  Based on what's already been exposed, I wouldn't put anything past the leaders and their enforcers to do something to try and get back at her.  They've already released statements trying to discredit her and the other "escapees".  

Esteemed Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

No, I have not seen the show but I did see her on an promo about it. I did a double-take. She looks so different now...I hardly recognized her.

@SilleeMee  How has she changed?

@SeaMaiden,

I remember the way she looked on "Head of the Class". I never followed her through the years so what I see now appears very different from that show. You can see some vids of that old show and see what I'm seeing. IMO she's had work done...but looks good anyway.

She wasn't on Head of the Class.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for bringing this up SophiaMarie.  I heard her talking about it on some show recently and meant to record it.  I've now set it up on a One Pass on my Tivo.  The first episode will be repeated tonight.  Does anyone know how many episodes there will be?

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

She was the wife on King of Queens and it's a funny, funny show and is running on syndication almost everywhere.  Shows her pre kids (skinny), after kids (pregnancy weight) and losing it.  She looked great through it all....   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Esteemed Contributor

@NickNack  You are very welcome.  I also have it set up on Season Pass on Tivo.  I listed the three episodes so far.  Tonight, you are seeing a repeat of "Disconnection".  Then, there is "Fair Game" on 12/6 and then "Bridge to Total Freedom" on (12/13).  I believe all the rest are repeats.  These are the only 3 listed on my Tivo Season Pass.