Esteemed Contributor

Re: Laughing Lady in Chewbacca Mask

Laughing keeps you young!  It is good to see the humor in life.

Esteemed Contributor

Then I must not be depressed because it didn't make me laugh! I have actually gotten more cases of the giggles from some of the posts on these forums.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Honored Contributor

Simple joy. True, honest happiness over something as simple as this mask. It wasn't faked, it wasn't an act, she wasn't paid to do it.... she was just happy as can be and couldn't stop laughing at herself when she looked in the rear-view mirror.

I can recall many times when something silly and stupid had me laughing so long and so hard that I couldn't breathe, had tears coming down my face and OH MY GOSH it felt great to laugh like that.

THAT'S the point of why this video is go wonderful: in a world where horrible sh*t is happening all the time and we are bombarded with it 24/7, seeing a grown woman laugh herself to tears over a mask is just joyful relief.

I'm smiling now just typing this out!! LOL.

Honored Contributor

@MathisFan wrote:

I guess I've lost my sense of humor because that video didn't strike me as funny at all.   Like another poster before me said, after a short time I'd had enough.

@MathisFan

Ditto ......   Funny at first .... then it got annoying.

Honored Contributor

I was happy that SHE was happy and got such enjoyment from the mask. But the video didn't make me laugh and that's ok. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Esteemed Contributor

Loved it!
Respected Contributor

I may be in the minority, but I didn't see anything funny about it.  When they brought her on GMA, I changed channels.

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Esteemed Contributor

I am reminded of all the times something struck me as hysterical and I still laugh years later when i think about it.  Laughing is the best medicine!!

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

I think she, and the talking mask are hysterical, and my husband thinks the video is stupid. (I told him hes wrong and he lost his sense of humor! lol). I saw Kohls visited her and gave her gifts. I read her video is the most watched video on Facebook..ever! I expect her to show up on Ellen next! lol. And PS) I love Star Wars and Id love to have that mask, but I saw theyre sold out due to her video!

Tell your husband IAgree completely with him, and IHave no idea why this is something people want to watch.  It is an annoying, cackling woman in a mask

Respected Contributor

I thought it was funny, and she had a genuine quality to her. I generally don't like attention hoorish videos that go viral, but this one was stupid and silly, which is my sense of humor. :-D

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu