Respected Contributor

Re: Last Night This Bothered Me While Watching

I found a lovely photo of Ms. Giffords & her handsome husband on the red carpet of this event on the CBS news website.  Sorry, I don't know how to copy it here though.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@DoneTryin wrote:

I found a lovely photo of Ms. Giffords & her handsome husband on the red carpet of this event on the CBS news website.  Sorry, I don't know how to copy it here though.

@DoneTryin  Is this the one?

Respected Contributor

Yup - thanks!

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@mstyrion 1 wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

More people want to see Jada than want to see Gabby, it's as simple as that. Both are has beens. I haven't any interest in either but, if I had to choose, I would have to go with Jada. I dislike Gabby and her tiresome husband.

what in the world do you find tiresome about Gabby Giffords and her husband?

Gabby faced nearly insurmountable odds in recovering from the gunshot wound to her head and is now very active in a cause that is important. I consider her a hero.

I could not agree more.

I wish I had a fraction of the courage and grace Ms Giffords has. I saw an interview  where she discussed how difficult it was for her to look in the mirror.  Before this near fatal shooting, she was a vibrant young woman and cared a great deal about her appearance. It took awhile for her to be grateful she still had an appearance.  She still suffers (and  always will) a great deal of pain.

As for her tiresome husband, since the shooting he has devoted his life to her recovery.

Trusted Contributor

I watched on C-SPAN.  But I did not see Ms. Giffords or those annoying Smith people..  I think I will send Ms. Giffords an old style fan letter.  Just because....  AND people are really going to be nostalgic next year when they think about the past 8 years (ya know what I mean without getting political).  

Respected Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

More people want to see Jada than want to see Gabby, it's as simple as that. Both are has beens. I haven't any interest in either but, if I had to choose, I would have to go with Jada. I dislike Gabby and her tiresome husband.

LOL - I would have to assume by your comment that you have absolutely no clue who Gabby Giffords and her husband are, without looking them up - which you're probably done by now.

oh she knows.....

Well then, it makes her look like total **** doesn't it? Politics, which some are clearly trying to inject into this thread, should not enter into situations such as the Giffords. And do we also check the affiliations of astronauts now, and approve or disapprove of them based on that?

Many of her posts are negative...it's just her way....

Honored Contributor

It did not seem to be bothering Gabby Giffords so why is it bothering you?

Honored Contributor

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@Mothertrucker wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

@occasionalrain wrote:

LOL - I would have to assume by your comment that you have absolutely no clue who Gabby Giffords and her husband are, without looking them up - which you're probably done by now.

oh she knows.....

Well then, it makes her look like total **** doesn't it? Politics, which some are clearly trying to inject into this thread, should not enter into situations such as the Giffords. And do we also check the affiliations of astronauts now, and approve or disapprove of them based on that?

Many of her posts are negative...it's just her way....

Ahh...fortunately for me, I haven't run across enough of hers to recognize that.

I treat others who do the same either with laughter or by refusing to take the bait. When no one takes the bait, they lose bigtime. Ruins their day ;-)

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

My feelings have nothing what so ever to do with politics or gun control.

Mrs. Gifford chose to endanger citizens by making her public appearance where she did and without proper security. People died because of her disregard, negligence,  and lack of concern for those attending. She had received threats and, apparently, didn't take them seriously.

The only hero here is the man who saved her life.