Regular Contributor

Going to spend a few days in Lancaster in June. Does anyone know of any fun things to do.

Honored Contributor

Check out the Amish farms & the people especially the Amish children.  Just don't take their pictures.  It's against their religion.

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."

220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Regular Contributor

We love to go to Lancaster. We go a couple times a year. We love the Green Dragon flea market it is inside and outside.It is only on fridays in Ephrata, Pa. We also love Kitchen kettle village. It is all kinds of shops and food, We always end up at Shady Maple smorgasboard  they have a gigantic gift shop downstairs.  We stayed overnight at the Steamboat inn very nice hotel. Hope you have a  good time.

Honored Contributor

Definitely Kitchen Kettle Village. And the QVC outlet is right there also. 

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Honored Contributor

I'd take a side trip over to Longwood Gardens which isn't too far and is absolutely spectacular this time of year.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
New Contributor

Try touring the country side on a scooter at http://www.strasburgscooters.com and while you're in area check out the PA Railroad Museum http://www.rrmuseumpa.org which is also in Strasburg, PA (Lancaster County) Also, if you like museums, there is the Watch & Clock Museum in Columbia, PA (Lancaster County) http://www.nawcc.org All fun things to do! 

Honored Contributor

Speaking of side trips -  Hershey is not so far away.  I know because when I visit in Hershey, we sometimes go to Lancaster for dinner.

The park in Hershey is big time, but just dinner at Hershey Hotel and a tour of their gardens is lovely, too.

Honored Contributor

lancaster is a pretty, relaxing area. it is always great to see the amish sights and eat some wonderful homestyle food. longwood gardens is great, hershey gardens,  the chocolate world, and the amusement park are all fun and interesting. i dont know how long a few days are,but  if you have a car and can make the trip, the harbor of baltimore is a nice side trip (about an hour and a half)......the aquarium, the science center, fort mchenry, and lots of great seafood.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I love Lancaster. I've been going every year for the last 30 years.Go to Strasbourg and be sure to check out the country store and try their homemade ice cream.It's incredible!! Also try the Family style restaurants for breakfast and dinner!! The food is simple and delicious!! I also love shopping the outlets.For some peace and quiet I enjoy driving thru the countryside. It's very tranquil!! My family and I love it !!

I stay at the Amish Inn and Suites.I get a lovely room overlooking the farms.The view is awesome! It comes with a free buffet breakfast. Excellent deal!!

Have fun!!

Respected Contributor

Shady Maple is a must. The gift shop is like no other.