Honored Contributor

Re: Lady Gaga - Star Spangled Banner brilliantly sung

Absolutely amazing! Brilliant!
Honored Contributor

I am so happy she didn't wear anything controversial or distracting so we could focus on her singing and the national anthem. Very respectful.

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

I found out 2yrs ago this girl can sing. Tony Bennett & Gaga had an hour special & at first thought Oh No!!!! She wears a meat dress, popped out of egg at awards shows & half naked. Wow!!! I really misjudged her. She is engaged & Tony is going to sing at her wedding. They are good friends & she can sing his music too. She got an award for a special guest on a tv show but I didn't see it but they all said she can act too.

Valued Contributor

@SuzieGarnet wrote:

I personally think she was by far better than Whitney Houston's version.  We had tears in our eyes, she put her heart and soul into that.  Love Gaga!

So well said Suzie!

I cried too.   Someone else mentioned that she embellished, but she didn't move away from the melody and the emphasis of the song being about patriotism and love for country.   It was her style she brought to it, but not her ego.

Just lovely!

Honored Contributor

One more observation---I REALLY like how she showed her respect and showing her patrioism when so many young teens to young adults watch her!!!!!!!  Well done!

Honored Contributor

She comes from a very traditional Italian family and is clasically trained in music.

Honored Contributor

I missed it so will watch the video during the next commercial. She was trained at Julliard in NYC.

When I was really impressed was when she sang at the Kennedy Honors for Sting the musician. She sang 'If I Ever Lose My Faith' and she nailed that one too!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Jz_lVx2Sj0

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Honored Contributor

I actually liked her eyeshadow. I personally would not be able to wear that but it looked good on her. I actually barely recognized her.

Honored Contributor

Going on record as a Lady Gaga fan from the beginning. Woman Very Happy 

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

Going on record as a Lady Gaga fan from the beginning. Woman Very Happy 

I was too- always loved her voice and quirkiness- but I had a hard time with the meatwear she had on. I was surprised at that and it disappointed me as I thought she was an animal lover. Oh well, I can still love her voice.