Respected Contributor

Re: Lady Gaga - Star Spangled Banner brilliantly sung

She did a fantastic job!!  I loved her outfit ... especially her shoes!!

Valued Contributor

I totally agree!   I think it was the best I've heard, and I've heard many.

I thought it was done with respect, honor and emotion.

I can bet that version just may be released as a single to buy.   

I loved Whitney's performance, but this one I feel is the best.   I wish she would always sing like that.   I'm not real familiar with her early hits.

When I saw her sing at the Oscars, I was in awe.

Respected Contributor

It was as if she was telling an emotional story.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TfkWdqE8-1A&feature=player_embedded

Valued Contributor

Would like to add to  my friends here, she didn't embellish it like others have done.   

I thought how she ended it after the fly over was brilliant.    It was more than just the anthem, it was a performance of the highest kind full of pride for our country.

Respected Contributor

Actually, she did embellish it a bit, but it wasn't like she did it to show herself off.  The embellishment embellished the song instead.  :-)

Respected Contributor

I found out 2yrs ago this girl can sing. Tony Bennett & Gaga had an hour special & at first thought Oh No!!!! She wears a meat dress, popped out of egg at awards shows & half naked. Wow!!! I really misjudged her. She is engaged & Tony is going to sing at her wedding. They are good friends & she can sing his music too. She got an award for a special guest on a tv show but I didn't see it but they all said she can act too.

Respected Contributor

I'm not going to lie, I'm really, really picky when it comes to singing. And I know what does/doesn't sound good, technically speaking. And GaGa NAILED it. I mean, she just was absolutely fantastic. I know she has a great voice, but this might be her best performance ever!

Honored Contributor

I personally think she was by far better than Whitney Houston's version.  We had tears in our eyes, she put her heart and soul into that.  Love Gaga!

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

Absolutely beautifully done. Proabably the best National anthem I've seen sung live. Amazing.

Respected Contributor

WOW - Beee U T FUL!  She was stunning too!  Sung with such respect!  She has an amazing voice.