Honored Contributor

Re: Lady Gaga - Star Spangled Banner brilliantly sung

[ Edited ]

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Going on record as a Lady Gaga fan from the beginning. Woman Very Happy 

I was too- always loved her voice and quirkiness- but I had a hard time with the meatwear she had on. I was surprised at that and it disappointed me as I thought she was an animal lover. Oh well, I can still love her voice.

@HappyDaze

Actually Lady GaGa is a vegan. In the link below she explains the 'message' that meat dress was intended to convey:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/956399/lady-gaga-explains-her-meat-dress-its-no-disrespect 

@KingstonsMom Sorry it was disgusting and there were so many other ways she could have made the dont ask don't tell "message" which obviously was lost on many of us since the two things aren't even connected.  I Am sorry but I don't think any true vegan would ever do that. Also she wears fur sometimes and has been blasted by PETA for doing so and she basically flips them off. So there is no excuses for any of that and it is disappointing. 

But i I don't want to get into this discussion beyond this -it is off topic on this thread and will get contentious if it continues.

Honored Contributor

@BettyNewbie wrote:

the best I've ever seen...even better than whitney.........her years with Tony Bennet has taught her to sing notes seriously and not popish........she has a beautuiful voice...beautiful.....and I wouldnt consider me a fan at all

(also whitney's was taped....Gaga was live) 

Interesting, I didn't know this.

Not sure why some are seemingly personally hurt by the fact that lg sang it better than Whitney, especially since it is a known fact that whitneys was lip synced. Everyone sounds better in the studio, lol. 

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

@Noel7 wrote:

Going on record as a Lady Gaga fan from the beginning. Woman Very Happy 

I was too- always loved her voice and quirkiness- but I had a hard time with the meatwear she had on. I was surprised at that and it disappointed me as I thought she was an animal lover. Oh well, I can still love her voice.

@HappyDaze

Actually Lady GaGa is a vegan. In the link below she explains the 'message' that meat dress was intended to convey:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/956399/lady-gaga-explains-her-meat-dress-its-no-disrespect 

@KingstonsMom Sorry it was disgusting and there were so many other ways she could have made the dont as don't tell "message" which obviously was lost on many of us since the two things aren't even connected.  I Am sorry but I don't think any true vegan would ever do that. Also she wears fur sometimes and has been blasted by PETA for doing so and she basically flips them off. So there is no excuses for any of that and it is disappointing. 

But i I don't want to get into this discussion beyond this -it is off topic on this thread and will get contentious if it continues.

@HappyDaze

I happen to agree with a lot of your response, but you're the one who brought up the meat dress in the first place, not me, so your chastising me for it being off topic is unfair.

Enough said on my end.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

After seeing many awful performances of our anthem throughout the years, this was a beautiful rendition. Well done and Bravo to Gaga!

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

I just watched it on YouTube.   Agree that she did a beautiful job.   She also looked beautiful.  

She is just so tremendously talented and I really like who she has grown into being.

Honored Contributor

@HappyDaze wrote:

@BettyNewbie wrote:

the best I've ever seen...even better than whitney.........her years with Tony Bennet has taught her to sing notes seriously and not popish........she has a beautuiful voice...beautiful.....and I wouldnt consider me a fan at all

(also whitney's was taped....Gaga was live) 

Interesting, I didn't know this.

Not sure why some are seemingly personally hurt by the fact that lg sang it better than Whitney, especially since it is a known fact that whitneys was lip synced. Everyone sounds better in the studio, lol. 

@HappyDaze

It WASN'T her years with Tony Bennett that taught her to sing that way.  She was classically trained long before, on her own.  That's why Tony Bennett liked her from the start.

Valued Contributor

Absolutely moving and spectacular--second ONLY to Whitney, and not by much!  When she sang at the Oscars, she blew me away.  She is quite talented.

Honored Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

@LilacTree wrote:

@HappyDaze wrote:

Darn I missed it. I will have to find it on youtube or something at some point. I love her voice.

Me too.  Hope we can find it. 

I used to dislike her, but now that she's changed her performance style, I can't believe how beautiful her voice is.

@LilacTree

Here ya' go:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyqkN3zezso

Thank you so much IG. 

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

"At this point, no one doubted Lady Gaga’s ability to deliver vocally. She’s a classically trained musician who has come a long way since her early days of meat dresses and publicity stunts, revealing her incredibly strong and soulful voice in many a live radio performance; and even more impressively, on an entire album with crooning- legend Tony Bennett."

"Lady GaGa was also classically trained in music as well as a little piano. You can hear those influences in her music, especially in her vocals."

She is classically trained as a pianist.  There's a collection of her playing on youtube.

Honored Contributor