Honored Contributor

Re: Lady Gaga - Star Spangled Banner brilliantly sung

Technically, that was a great rendition.  She has a beautiful voice.

Super Contributor

@ID2 wrote:

Meh I thought she sang it ok. But the lip-syncing was way off! It was like watching a different language.

This quote from Rolling Stone online about Gaga's performance:

Although considered by some to be a controversial choice to sing the national anthem, Gaga kept things ... She did a wonderful tribute to Julie Andrews in the Oscars one or ... Not hating but Whitney lip-synced, unlike Gaga who sang naturally

Super Contributor

There is no way to compare performances when one is lyp-synced and the other is live. I loved Whitney's National Anthem, but she had pre-recorded it and was able to make it perfect. Hard to do when your are singing it live and I think LG did an outstanding job and nailed it.

Vicki

Respected Contributor

Amazing

Super Contributor

Lady Ga Ga KILLED IT .I  got chills up and down my arms.. she really has proven how great a singer she is .. no more dresses made of meat for her.. I think she is finally getting the recognition she much deserves 

Honored Contributor

@vicki is ok wrote:

There is no way to compare performances when one is lyp-synced and the other is live. I loved Whitney's National Anthem, but she had pre-recorded it and was able to make it perfect. Hard to do when your are singing it live and I think LG did an outstanding job and nailed it.

Vicki

Hate to say it, may be there was a reason for Whitney's to be lipsynced.  (hoping this comment does not get zapped)

I thought they all were, because it is a huge venue to sing live in.  So I wouldn't judge that. 

but Gaga was wonderful, she is very talented

Honored Contributor

Lady gaga sure can sing. She has a beautiful voice, but I feel that our National Anthem should be sang without any embellishment. I do not like anyone's personal version. It is disrespectful to mold the song to make it sound different than written.

Esteemed Contributor

Both Lady Gaga's and Whitney Houston's performances of the National Anthem were outstanding. They were both musical and respectful. The reason why both worked so well were the arrangements. Both were custom arrangements for the performers. LG's was arranged a lower key to accommodate her vocal range. Having a single piano accompaniment outdoors was somewhat risky but very powerful in it's own way, and I loved the piano arrangement with the vocal solo.

The combined military choir and LG had it all over the very mediocre and over paid halftime show. Even Bruno Mars could not save it, although I really enjoyed his Uptown Funk.

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

Lady gaga sure can sing. She has a beautiful voice, but I feel that our National Anthem should be sang without any embellishment. I do not like anyone's personal version. It is disrespectful to mold the song to make it sound different than written.

The music was originally from a drinking song.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Respected Contributor

@GingerPeach wrote:

The woman has a voice and knows how to use it!

Lady Gaga - Super Bowl

I thought she did a good job of singing it, but how do you sing The Star Spangled Banner, brilliantly?