Honored Contributor

Such a lovely view of her nostrils!!!

Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

Feel sorry for her.  She selling brass jewelry and doodads from the oouch in her living room. 

Don't mean to be a 'hater' but I really thought she had more potential than what we are seeing. I'm beginning to think she left without a real plan, assuming that many offers would fall into her lap, and from outside here, it seems like they haven't. Perhaps this is just a bridge to something  else for her, but it does seem dismal coming from somone who was at the top of her game just a couple of years ago.

@Mominohio

I liked Lisa as a host, and especially liked her Christmas decorating shows..... I'm certainly not a member of her tribe.  I do check out her website and FB Page occasionaly out of curiosity to see the products, but haven't bought anything....I thought her Christmas decorating items were overpriced..

Perhaps she did assume the offers would roll in, but lets face it, company executives are looking for 20 year olds to be spokespersons these days.....and Lisa had a better fit with QVC with their average customer age being 40 on up (from what I've read)......but I suppose the QVC gig got boring for her doing the same stuff and especially the limited product repetition that QVC installed....But who knows maybe she invested well and is set for life and her gig now is just more of a hobby......Just the traveling she does doesnt seem to merit the volume of merchandise she has available for sale.....and its not just her on the buying trips either.....WHO KNOWS! I wish her good luck with her venture and plans....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Mominohio wrote:

I had to go to her page to see what you all were talking about with the candles. I was thinking real candles, and couldn't imagine what brands we were talking about. Now I get it.

And I think she could easily have touted the 'improved and better' timer in her brand, without going on so long or so much about the failure of the timers on the other brand. 

And some people will assume she is talking about one brand with the flames, but others might think she is talking about the brand Q started with, before the flame came. So in a  way she is casting doubt on two very popular and tried brands, who have loyal customers. To state one time, that many of her older candles timers have failed, and these new ones address that with new and improved technology would have been fine, but she went on and on. 

I think she needs a producer in her ear still to keep her on track with what she is saying in presenting the product. 

@Mominohio

Knocking the other brands was pretty tacky.....she could have just said, these candles have improved technology I think you'll like them and left it at that.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Quse wrote:

@JJ wrote:

are better than the "brand" here because that company got too big and basically, had to cheap out???  Sorry, but when you have to trash a brand to sell your brand, your brand isn't worthy of my dollar.

I know I probably should just let it go and not comment, but that just really bugs me.

The brands she likely refers to DID cheap out, BUT, here's the reality: prices of raw materials, taxes, etc...go up. The consumer will only spend so much on a product and if it gets too pricey, won't buy at all or will move to a cheaper brand. LR doesn't have the buying power that the Q does, so everything she buys is going to be much more expensive to begin with, then she adds her mark up. She has to try to convince people that what she sells is more uniques, better, etc...it's sales. Maybe that's not the best way to go about it and she'll learn the hard way.
I like the brands the Q sells. In fact, I just bought a bunch of lanterns that I didn't need, but I like them. Even if the brands cut corners here and there and I can still live with it, I appreciate that they try to keep the price point down. When and if the quality becomes an issue to the point where I feel I can no longer support them, I'll croos that bridge...when and if.
Personally, while I like LR and was sad when she left, I think her products are too kitchy and over priced.

@Quse

I think it's a matter of one of the Q brands overexending itself rather than the cost of materials etc, in the past it was sold only in exclusive gift shops or online......but now not only does Bed, Bath, Beyond now offer them, but i also now saw both brands at Hobby Lobby too.....and the brand seems to not be the quality that the QVC ones have.....but I think that has more to do with the QVC customer that will be more vocal with timers and quality and wont be afraid to return the merchandise....

Honored Contributor

I wonder if she couldn't find a better job than this?  It seems with all her experience she could do better for herself

Honored Contributor

@cherry, she has been quoted several times as saying she never wanted to work for someone else again. Presumably, she would try to stick to that, or try to find something where she could call every.single.shot. Good luck with that, lol. There is definitely "legend in her own mind" occurring.

It might take a year; it might even take 2 years - but at some point her customer base is going to drop like a boulder. Would be interesting to see what happens then.

Even some of her staunchest supporters, her biggest lovefest fans, are expressing that they're very tired of the "will you manage to get one or won't you" frenzies she creates, the small stock she carries, the "race to buy", never changing the buying periods so working women (who earn money) can buy, and non-response and banning whenever Da Wub stops.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Honored Contributor

@Moonchilde  I don't know what people see in the stuff she sells.

It looks very cheap to me

Super Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

This was a topic over on Q-Talk about a week ago and the Q-Mod closed it for commenting....

And the OP even commented on it (reply#9)

Oh no!  Shame on me...

Respected Contributor

Spurt, you have earned a tribe necklace for sure.

Valued Contributor

@Moonchilde wrote:

@cherry, she has been quoted several times as saying she never wanted to work for someone else again. Presumably, she would try to stick to that, or try to find something where she could call every.single.shot. Good luck with that, lol. There is definitely "legend in her own mind" occurring.

It might take a year; it might even take 2 years - but at some point her customer base is going to drop like a boulder. Would be interesting to see what happens then.

Even some of her staunchest supporters, her biggest lovefest fans, are expressing that they're very tired of the "will you manage to get one or won't you" frenzies she creates, the small stock she carries, the "race to buy", never changing the buying periods so working women (who earn money) can buy, and non-response and banning whenever Da Wub stops.

On her most recent chat, she even admitted that shopping on her site is a "GAME. .. and stated "sometimes you win and sometimes you lose".  An awful lot of people who want to spend money with her are losing. It's getting more and more obvious she is not treating this like a business. Okay for her to have this hobby that allows her to travel, and sell things at noon only, but doesn't she feel any responsibility to her employees who put everything on the line and expect to make a living?