Esteemed Contributor

LOL..Well I never thought I'd......

Well I never thought in a million years that I would get so panicked over losing my cellphone as I dont use it near as much as others.. But I did...lol...

I went to get it out to look on Instagram last night before bed. It was gone.

I dumped my purse (not once but 3X). I searched the house high and low (even the trash and fridge), thinking am I senile? Could I have put it in one of those? lol..

I finally thought- I wonder if its in the car? Did it fall out of my purse? But it was now 130 AM and the car was in the driveway (not the garage) and I thought i am not going out there at this hour. (Too dark, no street lights).

So, I left my husband a note to please check the car when he gets the paper in around 5 AM.

I went to bed, didnt fall alseep until 250 AM because I laid in bed thinking what if I lost it at the store and someone has all my info? What if they see my pictures? Oh no, my Ringo concert videos are still on my phone!. What if they hack my facebook, snapchat, instagram and email?

I thought that will teach me not to depend on apps that pop right open on a phone, in comparism to signing off and on via my laptop.

Long story short; I got up at 830 hoping DH found my phone. Well DH left me a note with the phone that he found it in the car.

What a sigh of relief, and that willl teach me NOT to put my phone in that little outside compartment on my purse to "keep it handy"  From now on it will be kept inside my purse in a zipped compartment!..lol..

But I never thought I'd get this upset over a CELLPHONE. (Sigh, its happened, I have joined the masses. lol)

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Esteemed Contributor

Re: LOL..Well I never thought I'd......

So happy you got your phone back and you can  return to normal. A lot goes along with our modern abilities to be able to be "connected". It was easier yrs ago when we had nothing  but 1 phone that held us somewhat together. Our lives have been changed so much ,some good and some not so much.............

In any case,I am so glad you found your phone      Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U

I think you are way too invested in technology.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U wrote:

Well I never thought in a million years that I would get so panicked over losing my cellphone as I dont use it near as much as others.. But I did...lol...

I went to get it out to look on Instagram last night before bed. It was gone.

I dumped my purse (not once but 3X). I searched the house high and low (even the trash and fridge), thinking am I senile? Could I have put it in one of those? lol..

I finally thought- I wonder if its in the car? Did it fall out of my purse? But it was now 130 AM and the car was in the driveway (not the garage) and I thought i am not going out there at this hour. (Too dark, no street lights).

So, I left my husband a note to please check the car when he gets the paper in around 5 AM.

I went to bed, didnt fall alseep until 250 AM because I laid in bed thinking what if I lost it at the store and someone has all my info? What if they see my pictures? Oh no, my Ringo concert videos are still on my phone!. What if they hack my facebook, snapchat, instagram and email?

I thought that will teach me not to depend on apps that pop right open on a phone, in comparism to signing off and on via my laptop.

Long story short; I got up at 830 hoping DH found my phone. Well DH left me a note with the phone that he found it in the car.

What a sigh of relief, and that willl teach me NOT to put my phone in that little outside compartment on my purse to "keep it handy"  From now on it will be kept inside my purse in a zipped compartment!..lol..

But I never thought I'd get this upset over a CELLPHONE. (Sigh, its happened, I have joined the masses. lol)

You should use password protection on your phone. If they can't get the password right in X number of attempts, the phone either locks you out or erases the phone, depending on phone and settings. (And another reason it's important to back everything up.)

What this should teach you isn't how not to depend on a phone, but how to learn more about ways to keep your information secure. Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

@Shorty2U

I understand!  That cold heart gripping panic comes over you.  I've had that feeling at times when I can't find something.

Like you I'm not that invested in my cell phone, but certainily wouldn't want to lose it.  They can be expensive to replace.  I go into panic mode when I can't find my wallet or a credit or debit card.

Honored Contributor

@Shorty2U

My wife seems to lose hers a lot. #1 thing she does while searching?  Takes either 1 of our 5 cordless phones, or my cell phone, and calls her cell phone number. Works every time, but she many times has to go into our garage when calling to see if it is in 1 of our 2 vehicles.

Me? Hey, it's her phone, and I always know where to find mine. In my opinion, too many people keep way too much information on theses "gadgets". Sure, they can be good for some things, but unless you are a business person with schedules to keep? Adding another appendage to ones body, in my view, is ridiculous.

A telephone it is, and even though mine is s smart one, I am smart enough to keep it in it's correct place, and use it for it's original intent, was/is to talk with people, audibly.  

Next time this "gadget" hides from you? Outsmart it, and call it, just make sure it is not "set on VIBRATE ONLY".

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

I've lost mine twice.....the first time it had fallen out of my purse on the floor of my car.  The second time it had fallen out of my purse at work and was sitting on top of a plastic storage container I keep under my desk (and where I throw my purse every day).

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Trusted Contributor

I have done that a few times and when I do my husbands first response is "you women just carry way to much in those handbags"!!  He just has 3 items he carries in his pockets, wallet, keys and cell phone!!   Just easier for them but I do enjoy being a girl with all my stuff!!Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I would too..so don't feel badly.

They are a important part of our lives..people can laugh, scoff, and say not them..but they just lead different lives and do different things. Mine is my lifeline with work and also the family and kids..I have a disabled hubby so it is the contact I need when I am on the road, etc for work.

Honored Contributor

I "lose" mine all the time. I think I'm subconsciously trying to lose it for good but, sadly, I always end up finding it. Half the time I leave it at home "accidentally" or it is dead because I "forget" to charge it. I really don't like cell phones. I don't want to ever be so dependent on my phone or become obsessive about looking at it like so many. I want to enjoy the world and the company of the people around me and not be distracted by it. I didn't want to get it in the first place but begrudgingly did so. After years I am still not convinced I should have.