Respected Contributor

I've been reading various Keurig discussions and have not yet read of anyone dealing with what I am, so I've decided to post and hope somebody has an idea that might help. I got my Keurig "Platinum" in November of '09, and until recently it has worked fine with regular care. Recently it started "short-cupping", not dispensing all the water in the programmed dose through the K-cup but shunting some of it back through the overflow tube into the water resevoir. I de-scaled three seperate times, and the first time it seemed to solve the problem, but in just a couple of weeks it was back to mis-behaving. I've probed all the needle holes and there's no impediment to flow that I can find. I finally called Keurig last week, and the CS rep I spoke with had no solutions, and could only suggest I replace the brewer, offering me a nice discount on a replacement machine from them. I'm really torn, I have a ton of K-cups sitting on my counter, and I really love the convenience of the Keurig system, but I'm also frustrated that these machines seem to be so poorly made that they die so fast. I brought home (from work) my Krups electric drip coffeemaker that has to be at least ten years old, and it still works just fine. That means I will have to use instant coffee at work (ick) or buy another brewer for work.

Has anyone else had their Keurig malfunction the same way, putting water back into the resevoir through the overflow tube instead of into the cup? If you have, were you able to find a way to fix it?

And if it's permanently busted, do I get a new one for as long as it lasts, or do I give up on the whole system and get rid of a ton of K-cups? Anyone know of a good way to sell K-cups, or do I just donate?

Thanks for any info or opinions you can share!!!