Honored Contributor

Re: Katie Holmes and Jamie Foxx Engaged!!!!!!

Wow, and I thought Cruise was the flake...

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

@DiAnne, your post gave me a good laugh.  Totally agree with you.  And, imagine casting him as Jack Reacher from the book series.  Lord help me, ruined the series for me hehe.  LM

Regular Contributor

I must be incredibly dense or totally out of it, but is this not a photo of Tom Cruise and Mimi Rodgers????  I guess I am getting "old & funny" as my mother used to say to me, but I do hope Katie Holmes finds some happiness now.  I cannot believe that she actually agreed to whatever stipulations she was asked to adhere to.  Just because Tom Cruise is a big deal in his church, doesn't mean he should be able to dictate what ex-wives do.  I understand a child is involved in this circumstance, but I do believe I would have told him to go pound sand.  Once the ties are cut, you cease telling me what I can and cannot do.  Does anyone realize that he does not attend church?  I think they love him so much because of the amounts of tithing (sp?) he gives to them.  For more clarification, try giving Leah Remini's book a read.  I know it opened my eyes quite a bit. 

Honored Contributor

I wish Katie and Jamie all the best...

I am not so much a fan of her work in film, but I do think Jamie is quite talented...not only a terrific actor and comedian, but singer as well.

A link to him singing with Barbra Streisand...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bCVbaaDphLg

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

@bri20 wrote:

I read that part of her divorce from Tom Cruise was to stay quiet about her personal life and not publicly date for so many years.  I guess that time period has just ended.

Who on earth would agree to "not publicly date" for so many years?  If she did, that's crazy.

@Pearlee

It's totally understandable.  A mother who loves her child and wants to get her away from a cult would agree to that in a minute.

Regular Contributor

I'm guessing she agreed to it (if it really was a condition of the divorce) so she could keep her daughter safe from that wackadoodle Tom and his Scientology minders.....

Esteemed Contributor

Is Tom Cruise even a part of his daughter's life? I haven't seen any pictures of him with her in years. 

Super Contributor

Pearley wrote:

bri20 wrote:

I read that part of her divorce from Tom Cruise was to stay quiet about her personal life and not publicly date for so many years.  I guess that time period has just ended.

Who on earth would agree to "not publicly date" for so many years?  If she did, that's crazy.

@Pearlee I agree with you.  If it had been me, I would have said some words I can't write here, and refused the stay quiet/no-dating publicly "clause." That's just flat-out ridiculous on so many levels.  Last I checked, this was a free country.

Honored Contributor

@Joey Heatherton wrote:

She's gorgeous; he's gorgeous.  They work in the same industry; and they're both single. Where's the "yuck?"   Show me the yuck.  I can't find the yuck.

I'm lost in the muck of the yuck.

That said, I don't think Katie and Jamie are actually engaged.  I do think Katie is isolated and lonely because of the draconian measures she had to agree to to get out of her marriage with TC. 

Whatever the Truth, I wish them all peace and a modicum of happiness.

Jamie Fox is not gorgeous. Far far from it.

Honored Contributor

Who said that Katie Holmes agreed to "not publicly date"?    How did anyone access their divorce agreement?

Katie's father is a very successful divorce attorney and I seriously doubt he would allow that to be part of any agreement ..... it's a pretty ridiculous stipulation and seems rather irrelevant.    I'm not a TC fan, but how would this benefit him to ask this of her?