Super Contributor

Re: KIm Novak personally hurt by comments about her appearance at the Oscars

nm

Respected Contributor

Unless she's stupid and I doubt it, she should know that when an 81 year old woman tries to look half her age, instead of looking like an elderly woman, she's going to look like an old elderly, pathetic woman and that goes for Joan Rivers, too. She looks beyond ridiculous. They can get their faces worked on til the cows come home but the hands are always a give-away.

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Tyak said:

Unless she's stupid and I doubt it, she should know that when an 81 year old woman tries to look half her age, instead of looking like an elderly woman, she's going to look like an old elderly, pathetic woman and that goes for Joan Rivers, too. She looks beyond ridiculous. They can get their faces worked on til the cows come home but the hands are always a give-away.

Helen Mirren, Sophia Loren, Rachel Welch, Meryl Streep,Sharon Stone, Michelle Pfieffer, Christy Brinkley,Michael Douglas, the list goes on & on....... All older and look great! Most have had something to 'refresh' their lookSmiley Happy

FYI............Joan has great looking hands!

Honored Contributor

At her age why does she give a hoot what anyone says, especially strangers, as I doubt she knows the majority of the people who were there, wouldn't!

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Skylands said:
On 4/18/2014 glb613 said:
On 4/18/2014 faeriemoon said: Does she really think she can appear on the Oscars and not receive comments on her looks, her clothing, her demeanor, etc.? It's not like she was photographed going grocery shopping. She put it all out there. Maybe if women hear these kind of criticisms, it might sink into their skulls that they DON'T look better after some of these overkill procedures.

That's true. I was shocked when I saw her face. It's really too bad some woman are so vain, they ruin their looks trying to look young. Instead of looking older, they look like freaks.

"So vain"? Hello glb613 the world still judges women by their looks in 2014. Especially Hollywood! Don't judge others until you've been in their shoes!

Fyi................We are all human, have insecurities and weakness,

The world is really judging her "by her looks" now! And goes for all of the celebrities who now look like freaks because of badly done plastic surgery. I really feel sorry for women and men who are so shallow and vain they can't except the natural aging process.

Everyone is judged by their looks and wants to look great. However, some don't spend time and research getting a reputable MD and thus suffer the results.

It's very easy for U to hide behind a QVC forum and preach high & mighty values.

Oh please. There is a huge difference between looking good and "looking for the fountain of youth" through plastic surgery. I bet the reason you're reacting so strongly to my posts is because you are one of those vain and shallow women.

Super Contributor

On 4/18/2014 Tyak said:

If I remember right Joan has very nice hands.

Respected Contributor

On 4/18/2014 faeriemoon said: Does she really think she can appear on the Oscars and not receive comments on her looks, her clothing, her demeanor, etc.? It's not like she was photographed going grocery shopping. She put it all out there. Maybe if women hear these kind of criticisms, it might sink into their skulls that they DON'T look better after some of these overkill procedures.

That's true. I was shocked when I saw her face. It's really too bad some woman are so vain, they ruin their looks trying to look young. Instead of looking older, they look like freaks.

"So vain"? Hello glb613 the world still judges women by their looks in 2014. Especially Hollywood! Don't judge others until you've been in their shoes!

Fyi................We are all human, have insecurities and weakness,

The world is really judging her "by her looks" now! And goes for all of the celebrities who now look like freaks because of badly done plastic surgery. I really feel sorry for women and men who are so shallow and vain they can't except the natural aging process.

Everyone is judged by their looks and wants to look great. However, some don't spend time and research getting a reputable MD and thus suffer the results.

It's very easy for U to hide behind a QVC forum and preach high & mighty values.

Oh please. There is a huge difference between looking good and "looking for the fountain of youth" through plastic surgery. I bet the reason you're reacting so strongly to my posts is because you are one of those vain and shallow women.

Oh, I see you are a very mean person. I should of posted this picture of U insteadSmiley Sad

Honored Contributor

I never saw the Oscars. I truly never watch them. So I don't know what happened or what she looked like. I don't really care. She was a mediocre actress anyway

Honored Contributor

She's an older lady, a star during the time when it was important for women to look good and not age.

She battles mental health issues and tried her best to show up. It's just mean to make nasty comments about her.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices
Honored Contributor

I don't think it's about vanity, it's about trying to stay in the business.

Surely you've read where women in film are pressured to have plastic surgery and breast enhancement. They're told their job depends on it. Getting really thin, also. One remark can and did cause an actress to become anorexic.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices