Honored Contributor

Re: KEEPING TABS ON POSTERS?

I don't  keep tabs but I do remember those whose posts are intelligent, enlightening, and witty. I remember those who make me smile, sometimes laugh. 

Honored Contributor

I don't keep tabs on any poster- with the exception of one that when he/she starts posting I stay away, far away from that thread.  Words can have an awful ramification on people when some think "telling it like it is" is their thing.  Enough said..

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Honored Contributor

I do not keep track, but do recognize several posters immediately, regardless of what new name they happen to be posting under.   Just saw another one last week.    

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Lately I've noticed the same posters showing up on certain forums and their views, which brands they love, who loves dogs, those that prefer cats, some don't want to discuss anything unkind while others (like me) not afraid to stir the pot. 

Does anyone else try to keep tabs to get to know fellow posters better?

What an interesting admission on your part. 

Honored Contributor

@traveler wrote:

Are you another one who keeps a little book by the computer?

That is such a good question & why I won't ever share anything personal on this BB again.. some never forget.. 

Go VOLS
Rocky Top you'll always be home sweet home to me.. Good ole Rocky Top, Rocky Top Tennessee... Rocky Top Tennessee
Valued Contributor

I don't keep tabs on posters.    But it's hard not to see posting patterns on people

I know other posters keep tabs on posters and they also see who hearts a post.   It gives them something to do, I guess.   There is one poster here who "investigated" another poster and tried to find out where someone lived and worked.   They're sickening...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Bri21 wrote:

I don't keep tabs on posters.    But it's hard not to see posting patterns on people

I know other posters keep tabs on posters and they also see who hearts a post.   It gives them something to do, I guess.   There is one poster here who "investigated" another poster and tried to find out where someone lived and worked.   They're sickening...

How did you find this out?  Sounds creepy.

Respected Contributor

Who's got time for that nonsense, keeping tabs on fellow posters.

OP:  If you are admitting you like "stirring the pot" I will definitely stay away, life is too short.

These forums are supposed to be fun and exchange ideas, there should be no intention to hurt or believe you cannot view your opinion and have someone respect that thought.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shanus wrote:

Lately I've noticed the same posters showing up on certain forums and their views, which brands they love, who loves dogs, those that prefer cats, some don't want to discuss anything unkind while others (like me) not afraid to stir the pot. 

Does anyone else try to keep tabs to get to know fellow posters better?

@Shanus

Who has that much free time?  Woman Indifferent

Not only do I not "keep tabs" on posters, but a lot of the time I will read an entire thread without noticing the screen names, or who posted what.     I will look to see who the poster is if I strongly agree .....  or disagree .....  with their comments.   

Trusted Contributor

@Shanus

Yes, I have found I enjoy so many posters, and I look forward to hearing what they might have to say.  There are several I wish I could know better, have them over for dinner or hang out together.  It's been a lot of fun for me.

One particular poster I have in the past been "at war" with over the Logo line,

I find I actually like many of her posts and look forward to reading them. 

Ha!  That's life isn't it?

What does annoy me are the overly sensitive, reading into posts and making false assumptions....