Honored Contributor

Lately I've noticed the same posters showing up on certain forums and their views, which brands they love, who loves dogs, those that prefer cats, some don't want to discuss anything unkind while others (like me) not afraid to stir the pot. 

Does anyone else try to keep tabs to get to know fellow posters better?

Honored Contributor

Re: KEEPING TABS ON POSTERS?

No, I don't keep tabs or follow others on this forum. I do, however, like to read and respond to threads and posts that I find interesting regardless of who wrote them.

Valued Contributor

Oh Shanus,... I'm afraid I am the exact opposite--there are those when I see their moniker, I just disengage completely.  It's amazing how cruel people are to complete strangers on a shopping channel bulletin board~!  In this day and age, wouldn't you think people would want to reach out for 'friendship' and support each other?

Honored Contributor

I do not keep track of anyone poster or their names. I just respond to threads that interest me. 

Esteemed Contributor

No, @Shanus, I never do that. That's much too time consuming and not of interest to me.

However, I find the forum has been so sanitized with things of interest being posted not allowed, the board has become bland and very uninteresting.

I've posted threads where it has been poofed b/c it "might" become argumentative. Every thread is going to have pros and cons and a difference of opinion is not argumentative. It's just what happens on a forum. A post at least shouldn't be removed UNTIL it actually has become something other than a difference of opinion.

Way too many posts removed and threads deleted and not permitted to post actual differences of opinion. That's what it's all about -- not just a forum with everybody agreeing with everybody.

We can all watch water dripping....

Respected Contributor

Are you another one who keeps a little book by the computer?

Valued Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Lately I've noticed the same posters showing up on certain forums and their views, which brands they love, who loves dogs, those that prefer cats, some don't want to discuss anything unkind while others (like me) not afraid to stir the pot. 

Does anyone else try to keep tabs to get to know fellow posters better?

@Shanus Yes, I'm sure QVC does. All of these boards, etc... boost ratings on a website and get ranked higher when the trollers for the search engines pick them up. Data mining, analytics and information is the name of the game.

As for me? No, I don't have time for that. I just read and post what interests me. I get enough "pot stirring" on Facebook and most of the pot stirring intersting stuff gets poofed here anyway...

Honored Contributor

I'm pretty sure that there are a couple of posters that wouldn't be my cup of tea I  "real life ". However, who really knows  ?

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I'm pretty sure that there are a couple of posters that wouldn't be my cup of tea I  "real life ". However, who really knows  ?

You might be surprised, @QVCkitty1. Posters I have disagreed with, I've found many things I agree with them on and like them.

Honored Contributor

@traveler. No notebook at my IPad. Just curious if others notice same posters replying to your posts who would have similar interests. Not looking for "buddies".