Trusted Contributor

Re: Just made my first & last order from Overstock.com!

Sorry you have had a bad experience.  I have ordered on and off from them and often receive orders within 7-8 days.  I have received a few damaged items, but overstock c.s. representatives always have handled issues well with replacements/ refunds.  

Honored Contributor

Boots - were they able to give you a tracking number, when you talked to them on the phone?   That's probably where I'd start.  If they can tell you that it has shipped, then they can darn-well offer a tracking number.  Otherwise, I'd feel like I was just being jerked around and I'd try to talk to another person.

HTH Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

@KailaS wrote:

Sorry you have had a bad experience.  I have ordered on and off from them and often receive orders within 7-8 days.  I have received a few damaged items, but overstock c.s. representatives always have handled issues well with replacements/ refunds.  

I think it might have at least helped had the CS even tried to be nice or helpful but they weren't.  They had a real "who cares" attitude about it.  And just refused to do anything.  Just wanted them to check with the shipping dept to see when they might ship it out!  If you can't ship it then cancel it.  You would think a simple phone call or being able to check on their computer. It isn't like I asked any of them to walk to the shipping dept or drive to where they were going to ship it out.

Honored Contributor

I think it was the same company I had an issue with years ago, orderered a set of DVD's and got just 1 of the set twice,  had a issue solving that as well. 

Respected Contributor

I've only ordered a few times with them and never had any problems.  My last order was delivered in five days.

And I thought CC's aren't charged until an item has shipped.  That would bother me more than the order delay.

There must be something wrong with this order they are not telling you.

Valued Contributor

@Montana wrote:

I've only ordered a few times with them and never had any problems.  My last order was delivered in five days.

And I thought CC's aren't charged until an item has shipped.  That would bother me more than the order delay.

There must be something wrong with this order they are not telling you.

That bothered me too so I called CC co & asked that a hold be put on that until I either recieve it or get some answers!

Esteemed Contributor

I just received my very first order from Overstock Tuesday. I couldn't be happier. I ordered it Sun.  It is the cutest dinette set.  Arrived perfectly packaged, not a dent or scratch and much higher quality and heavier than I thought.  I was going online and give it a rave review. Sorry you had a bad experience.

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Best of luck.  Keep us posted on the final outcome. 

Honored Contributor

I am sorry that you are having problems with Overstock.

i have ordered from them many times for many years and have never had a problem.  I have even ordered carpets in a 8 x 11 size.

The only time an item took a long time to be delivered was once when I ordered an item from their Worldstock items.  I had to wait about 2 months for the handcrafted imported item to arrive.  It was a wedding shower gift for my neice so I had to buy another gift for her for the shower and then I gifted her the iten that I ordered when it finally came.

Did you order a Worldstock item?

Honored Contributor

I have ordered from them many times over many years - everything from sofa tables to patio umbrellas and more.  I have never had a problem.  Don't know about their customer service because I never had to contact them.  Sorry you had an unfortunate experience.