Valued Contributor

Just made my first & last order from Overstock.com!

Had to vent!   I see commercials from Overstock.com all the time. Finally last of Oct. decided to try them. Made an order for 2 things. $66. Not a big order. Same time ordered something from HSN.  Recieved & have been using the HSN order for several days. Overstock.com on the other hand.....nothing.  No order, no tracking, nothing.  You can see on the order that it has been noted to go to UPS but has not actually shipped. They have charged my CC but have not shipped anything.  Have called CS. They keep saying, it has shipped you will recieve it tomorrow. For days now!  It is obvious that it hasn't shipped yet!  Tried to cancel the order. Nope they won't let me. Tried to get them to run a trace to get the shipping dept. to actually ship it out already....again nope!  CS refuses to do anything but tell me...it will be there tomorrow!  Well learned my lesson with them. Won't make that mistake again for sure. Ok just had to let it out!  I guess I have been spoiled by the Q's CS people. They have always been nice & helpful to me. HSN too. Even Amazon when I recieved a broken item one time. Just thought I would try overstock but now I know it is not a company I want to do business with ever again!

Valued Contributor

Re: Just made my first & last order from Overstock.com!

Did you receive your order yet? I know it's tempting to order from, them. I will not be ordering from them.

Super Contributor

I've ordered from them in the past and have never had a problem.  I usually don't expect to get my items very quickly.  It usually takes about two weeks.

Trusted Contributor

I order from Overstock and I have never had a problem.  I guess I have been lucky.

Jessa
Respected Contributor

I had the same problem and quit ordering from them a year ago........I ordered a ring in size 5.........they sent an 8.......I called them, they would send another, and said they checked to make sure it was a  five..................it came and this time it was a 9.........called them again about returning the items and I did not want them to ship another, to cancel the order.........which they said they did.........sent back the two they sent.........a week later..........here comes another one in size 8............call them again and before I called checked my account..............I had been charged for all three..............called them and they gave me the return information and said they would credit my account for the two and the thrid when they received it.............a month later NO credit and they still hadn't credited me for the other two.............took FOUR MONTHS to get my money back..............that did it, no more Overstock for me...............................................raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo
Honored Contributor

@Jessa9@karlam, I have never had a problem with Overstock either. Some things I have ordered came faster than others. 

Respected Contributor

I had that problem with them once.  I'd ordered new faucets for the sink in a bathroom I was sprucing up and scheduled a plumber for three weeks later.  The fixtures did not arrive for months. 

I've had other much more successful orders, too, but I am a little leery of that website for another reason, too:  this is just part of internet commerce, but sometimes their best deal is much more costly than what can be found elsewhere.

Other times, I have found a great price there that could not be matched by anyone else. 

I do use due diligence with that site, but have found some great buys there and I don't expect rapid delivery, though it was never again as bad as it was with those faucets.

Respected Contributor

Wow, sorry to hear that..I have been ordering from them for about 8 years, never had one problem...

Honored Contributor

I've also ordered from them for many years, many times, and haven't had problems.   One time, however, I did get an item that didn't work right out of the box.  It was a low-ticket item and they just gave me my money back so that was nice.

I'm sorry you are having these problems.  Maybe their system is just kind of fubar right now and it's truly on the way.   Fingers crossed that you get it tomorrow.   

They really have been a pretty good company for a lot of years so I hope this is just a fluke.   But I could totally understand your desire to not go back there again.   Smiley Happy  I probably wouldn't either.   There are retailers out there from which I felt burned and I never went back.

Valued Contributor

Have not recieved anything & you can tell from the order it has never shipped out, but they keep saying it has & refuse to do anything.  It is like I am lying to them. I guess they think I have nothing better than to call everyday & argue with them.  I asked all of the CS could you just check. They refuse to do anything. Oh except they have taken my money. I told them that I know it hasn't shipped out so just cancel it. No they can't do that either. Well, my next call is to my CC co. to put a hold on that charge. I order things on line a lot & this has got to be one of the worse CS I have had to deal with.  Even if I like something a co. has on their site if their CS is lousy or could care less it will kill me ever doing business with them. I have had a lot better service out of small not very well known companys. They totally don't know the meaning of customer service at Overstock.com!