Honored Contributor

@June222 wrote:

There are homeless Americans living in tent cities here where I live....families with children....no help for them. Forget these refugees and let's take care of our own. These refugees tap the funds that could be helping our own struggling people.

Why are they not being helped?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor
What scares me more than refugees are politicians and media stirring our citizens into such a frenzy that it endangers our military/aid workers overseas and our own citizens here because they might be/look foreign and/or born here.
Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

It's naive to think that refusing refugees will keep terrorists out. The refugees are the least likely to include terrorists because of the delay and vetting. The most likely are our own citizens who have been raticalized, followed by those entering on a travel visa. Our Southern border is far from secure, doesn't it make more sense that a terrorist would choose that route rather than waiting months to gain entry without any guarantee that he would be admitted even then?

Any and ALL ways of entering need to be tightened. I'd rather not be an armchair quarterback after some trouble, and say, "gee, we worried about only part of the problem".

Honored Contributor

I am more concerned about the border of Mexico.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Esteemed Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

According to the CATO Institute (11/18/15):

Of the 859,629 refugees admitted from 2001 onwards, only 3 have been convicted of planning terrorist attacks on targets outside of the United States, & none was successfully carried out.  That is 1 terrorism-planning conviction for every 286,543 refugees that have been admitted.  To put that in perspective, about 1 in every 22,541 Americans committed murders in 2014. 

They do go on but it's much too long to enter here.  See for yourselves at cato.org

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Interesting. Just fyi, cato was founded by the conservative Koch brothers.

Respected Contributor

@June222

@June222 wrote:

There are homeless Americans living in tent cities here where I live....families with children....no help for them. Forget these refugees and let's take care of our own. These refugees tap the funds that could be helping our own struggling people.

Are there no community service/volunteer organizations where you live to aid these folks?  How about churches or other religious organizations?

Respected Contributor

Re: Just heard on cnn

[ Edited ]

@Lila Belle wrote:

@VCamp2748 wrote:

According to the CATO Institute (11/18/15):

Of the 859,629 refugees admitted from 2001 onwards, only 3 have been convicted of planning terrorist attacks on targets outside of the United States, & none was successfully carried out.  That is 1 terrorism-planning conviction for every 286,543 refugees that have been admitted.  To put that in perspective, about 1 in every 22,541 Americans committed murders in 2014. 

They do go on but it's much too long to enter here.  See for yourselves at cato.org

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Interesting. Just fyi, cato was founded by the conservative Koch brothers.

Makes no difference to me.  

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@June222

@June222 wrote:

Are there no community service/volunteer organizations where you live to aid these folks?  How about churches or other religious organizations?

How about our government?  They have greater access to resources.  Since many homeless are former vets, it's the government's responsibility, IMO.

"Summer afternoon-summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." ~Henry James
Respected Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@June222

@June222 wrote:

How about our government?  They have greater access to resources.  Since many homeless are former vets, it's the government's responsibility, IMO.

Alright then, @June222, are there no government agencies in your community assisting these folks?

Honored Contributor

@Topaz Gem wrote:

@VCamp2748 wrote:

@June222

@June222 wrote:

WE are the government.  This is an example of what I was talking about earlier... people who say they want something done to help our people but can't be bothered actually doing anything about it.

Those vets protected all of us and some paid a very difficult price.  Too bad many turn their backs on them when they need a helping hand.

A Thrill Of Hope The Weary World Rejoices