Respected Contributor

Just curious ... Re: elderly parents

If your elderly parent (living alone) had minor surgery, would you call them afterwards to see how they were doing or just to let them know that you were thinking of them?  

Just wondering.

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Just curious ... Re: elderly parents

Yes, I would hope if I was able and within driving distance, that I would stop in and check on them.

Respected Contributor

If at all possible, I would have been there when they had surgery.  If that is not a possibility, I woud absolutely call to check up on them.

Respected Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

If your elderly parent (living alone) had minor surgery, would you call them afterwards to see how they were doing or just to let them know that you were thinking of them?  

Just wondering.

At the very least.

Honored Contributor

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Just wondering.

I assume somebody you know didn't do this and you are collecting evidence that most people would.  Is that a correct assumption?  Otherwise I don't see the point of this question. 

Respected Contributor

Any kind surgery - minor or major - I would be there to make sure parent o.k. and to give some care to afterwards - distance no object I would be there.

Esteemed Contributor

IF I lived within driving distance I would have taken them to and from their appointment.  HOw did this person get home?  

Honored Contributor

Yes I would.

Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@PurpleBunny wrote:

Just wondering.

I assume somebody you know didn't do this and you are collecting evidence that most people would.  Is that a correct assumption?  Otherwise I don't see the point of this question. 

"Collecting evidence?"  

No. 

I was informed that I am "too sensitive" for being disappointed that nobody called.  I was curious to know if I was truly out-of-line to assume that my siblings would call.  

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )
Respected Contributor

@KathyPet wrote:

IF I lived within driving distance I would have taken them to and from their appointment.  HOw did this person get home?  

I took good care of him. No worries. He's fine. 

( \_/ )
(='x'=)
( " )_( " )