Honored Contributor

Just a friendly comment about St. Pat's Day

If you should talk to one of the hosts on air PLEASE don't tell them you have Irish heritage. It is so annoying to hear that over and over again.

And there was no one left to speak out for me....
Honored Contributor

Re: Just a friendly comment about St. Pat's Day

That's not a ""friendly"" comment!! Anyone that is of Irish descent is probably proud of it so why should they not mention it just so you don't have to be annoyed by hearing it??!!!

Honored Contributor

I am of Irish descent but I still feel it is not necessary to talk about it on St Pat's Day. Listen and you will see I am right.

Respected Contributor

Friendly comment ????? Sounded pretty ""unfriendly"" to our friends of Irish descent who celebrate and look foward to St. Patrick's Day.

Super Contributor

I'm not Irish, but I love this day and I love everything Irish. If someone wants to share this with hosts and others, that's their right. I find your post very arrogant and very unfriendly.

Esteemed Contributor

Aw, let the Irish and adopted Irish have their days. Given a choice, if you err on the side of flexibility, you'll find the wind will always be at your back, the sun will shine warmly upon your face and rains will fall softly upon your fields. (Too much Irish?) Okay, well, cheers! Wink

"I took a walk in the woods and came out taller than the trees." Henry David Thoreau
Honored Contributor

I'm partly of Irish heritage and this and the other Irish day are among my least favorite on QVC. I hate the cheap junk they peddle and am not interested in owning anything "Irish". I would be more interested in merchandise from an Italian, Mexican, French, or Indonesian Day. Why do they push the Irish?
New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Super Contributor

Well, I'm Eurasian (Dutch/Indonesian) and I love the Irish days, even though they've been changed for the past few years. I wish I could claim to be at least partly Irish.

Honored Contributor

Why do they ""push"" the Irish? Cuz it sells.

Respected Contributor

On 3/16/2015 ncascade said:

If you should talk to one of the hosts on air PLEASE don't tell them you have Irish heritage. It is so annoying to hear that over and over again.

I'm not on air but I thought I'd tell you, I have Irish heritage.