Valued Contributor

Re: Just Not So Smart to Put Shawn on that Hover Board

I watched the video later and I quit before she fell, as it was a long presentaton. She looked like she was having a good time on that thing and she was making me laugh watching her skate by with that helmet on. She was a good sport for doing it and she was pretty good at it. Sorry she fell. It was probably inevitable at some point. 

Contributor

I also watched it happen last night and it was making me so nervous that she was doing this to begin with, that fall could have been much worse than it was.  Not a good decision for Shawn to have done that and hope she is ok.  Cant someone from QVC let us know if she is ok ?

Respected Contributor

I wrote a post last night saying I didn't think it was right for people to be laughing at Shawn.

What prompted that was another poster had written that Shawn's fall was "cracking her up." She kept rewinding the segment so she could watch it repeatedly and continue cracking up.

That upset me!

Trusted Contributor

I'll never forget a family trip we took a few years ago to California.  My husband had arranged a tour and we all had to ride these craze hover board type things as a group with other people and the tour guide.  I wanted to STRANGLE him as he never told me we would be riding these contraptions and I had never attempted to ride one before.  Well, I'm happy to report that I got the hang of it and didn't fall once (by the grace of the good man above) and to this day I often wonder if my husband did this on purpose to see me take a tumble for a laugh or two!!

Honored Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I wrote a post last night saying I didn't think it was right for people to be laughing at Shawn.

What prompted that was another poster had written that Shawn's fall was "cracking her up." She kept rewinding the segment so she could watch it repeatedly and continue cracking up.

That upset me!

There are always going to be a few who go in such a direction.

How about focusing on the many others who have said they hope she's doing well?  They have been in the majority of posts here....I'd say 95%, at least.

Honored Contributor

I didn't see it but she posted a video on her FB page of herself riding this thing around QVC and she is wearing a helmet.  She said she is buying it.  I tried to read the comments to see if she responded at all but some of them were OMG cringeworthy and I couldn't read anymore.

Honored Contributor

As an aside, Albany rides them all the time if she is presenting them but she always has a helmet on and I want to think she changes into athletic shoes but I can't say for sure.

I know several of the hosts on HSN have commented that TPTB sent down a rule that they are absolutely not allowed to get on any exercise equipment, etc. in anything other than athletic footwear.  That's why I think a lot of times the hosts are just standing their talking instead of demonstrating.

Kerstin demonstrates exercise stuff all the time and she always changes into athletic clothing. 

Contributor

I saw Shawn fall  on that show, she could have broken something. I hope she is OK.