Honored Contributor

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

There have been times when I was in a rush and used Chanels Vamp without a base coat. BIg mistake. That stains like the dickens.  

The only time I go without a base coat is when I use something like a tinted treatment. The tinted versions of OPI Nail Envy are great to have around for times you don't want to use a base coat. I use Seche Vite quick dry top coat and it's so fast and easy. I like Bubble Bath or Samoan Sand. They have one in Hawaiian Orchid, but I haven't tried that yet.

Perfect Formula has some colors, but they don't last as long for me as the OPI Nail Envy. I do love Pink Gel Coat, though. It's a great base under sheer colors because it makes the nail whites look whiter and pop under a sheer color.

@ChynnaBlue

Thanks for mentioning tinted versions of Nail Envy, I didn't know about them.  Does it stay on well for several days?  There are times I need to do my nails and just don't feel good enough to do an entire manicure.  In that case, I use a very light color and don't worry about it being perfect.  A coat or two of tint would be even better.

BTW, I use Essie Good To Go on top of my topcoat, it's to dry it all fast and I love it.  People always ask if I've had a gel manicure, apparently it looks similar.

Honored Contributor

@Noel7 wrote:

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

There have been times when I was in a rush and used Chanels Vamp without a base coat. BIg mistake. That stains like the dickens.  

The only time I go without a base coat is when I use something like a tinted treatment. The tinted versions of OPI Nail Envy are great to have around for times you don't want to use a base coat. I use Seche Vite quick dry top coat and it's so fast and easy. I like Bubble Bath or Samoan Sand. They have one in Hawaiian Orchid, but I haven't tried that yet.

Perfect Formula has some colors, but they don't last as long for me as the OPI Nail Envy. I do love Pink Gel Coat, though. It's a great base under sheer colors because it makes the nail whites look whiter and pop under a sheer color.

@ChynnaBlue

Thanks for mentioning tinted versions of Nail Envy, I didn't know about them.  Does it stay on well for several days?  There are times I need to do my nails and just don't feel good enough to do an entire manicure.  In that case, I use a very light color and don't worry about it being perfect.  A coat or two of tint would be even better.

BTW, I use Essie Good To Go on top of my topcoat, it's to dry it all fast and I love it.  People always ask if I've had a gel manicure, apparently it looks similar.

The OPI Nail Envy colors stay on for several days, but I haven't gotten them to last more than 5. (But I'm also not using a base coat with them. I can get others to last 7 days, but I wear a base coat.)

I've tried Essie Good to Go and wasn't a fan. I also tried Essie Gel Setter, which dries fast and looks great, but I can't get my polish to last more than 3 days with Gel Setter. I've tried just about everything, but I always go back to Seche Vite and have used it for over 5 years, It's finicky, but as long as I thin it regularly, it works like a dream.

Honored Contributor

Thanks, @ChynnaBlue !

Trusted Contributor

I'm glad I asked my question because I've gotten alot of great ideas.  Thanks to everyone that commented!

Honored Contributor

I wear a black cherry color by OPI and usr Revlon's Quick Dry Basecoat.   Works like a dream! I use two coats of polish and Revlon's high shine top coat.  After maybe five minutes I use a spray nail dryer from Sally Beauty, and then again (a lot!) really close about 15 minutes later. (If you do get a little on your skin it will be gone in a day or two!),