Respected Contributor

Re: Joyce Mitchell Is Sentenced

@NoelSeven wrote:

OMG, it's still going on!

New case, a guy sentenced to 13 years for posession of two joints Smiley Surprised

Louisianan Given 13-Year Prison Sentence for Possession of Two Marijuana Cigarettes

Amicus brief by Drug Policy Alliance Highlights Why Sentence is Cruel & Unusual and Urges Louisiana Supreme Court to Review Mr. Noble’s Sentence

NEW ORLEANS—The Drug Policy Alliance filed an amicus brief today urging the Louisiana Supreme Court to review the egregious prison sentence of Bernard Noble, a 48-year old man who was sentenced to 13.3 years of hard labor in prison without the opportunity for parole for possessing the equivalent of two marijuana cigarettes.  

http://www.drugpolicy.org/news/2014/04/louisianan-given-13-year-prison-sentence-possession-two-marij...

That literally makes me sick. Don't get me wrong, I do NOT think that anyone breaking ANY law should get off scot free. That being said, congratulations, Justice a System, for essentially causing harm to this entire man's family for YEARS over 2 joints worth of weed. If that's not the most asinine thing I've heard in a long time, I don't know what is. @NoelSeven you're getting me riled up today!!! Lol!!

Respected Contributor

I didn't feel sorry for her after watching Dateline but I was sorry my cable went out with just an half hour left, don't know what I missed.

Respected Contributor

Sadly, there are an awful lot of women out there with such low self-esteem who would do the same type of thing for the attention of a man. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SaRina wrote:

Sadly, there are an awful lot of women out there with such low self-esteem who would do the same type of thing for the attention of a man. 

ITA! Just look at all the murderers who have women on the outside falling all over them. You nailed it on calling out this woman for low self esteem. No doubt.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Esteemed Contributor

I have no sympathy for her at all.  When I think of the terror that town and area went through..keeping their children inside,out of school. Not to mention the $ for it ! All because of this dingbat and her 'needs" She should have received 10 years no parole. 

Trees are the lungs of the Earth
Honored Contributor

@Bestdressed wrote:

Phew... at first I thought the title read Joni Mitchell. My heart stopped ...until I read it again.Woman Surprised

Me too! blushing

Trusted Contributor

Maybe in jail she will learn never to trust a man who is a convict with a smooth line .

Honored Contributor

She also should have been ordered to pay restitution for all of the expense and man hours it took to find these guys, to reimburse the community and taxpayers!

Now, the taxpayers are paying again, to take care of her stupid behind for the next few years!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

i'm sure she will have to do community service, but she should not be on house arrest if they consider that. she should have been sentenced for longer.  she obviously wanted out of her marriage and i don't believe her claim that Matt "forced" her to do "things". she's just sorry she got caught.  from one of the news stories, she cheated on her first husband with her current husband when they worked at the slipper factory. they would go to the RR tracks at lunch.

imo that prison was at fault,  letting the prisoners run the prison.

Esteemed Contributor

@KingstonsMom wrote:

She also should have been ordered to pay restitution for all of the expense and man hours it took to find these guys, to reimburse the community and taxpayers!

Now, the taxpayers are paying again, to take care of her stupid behind for the next few years!

Ditto and I don't live in New York.  She also had civilians living in fear because the escapees (which she helped) were suspected to be in certain areas.  How did it affect all the children?

Never Forget the Native American Indian Holocaust