Respected Contributor

Re: Joran Van Der Sloot to be extradited to the U.S.

@Linmo wrote:

Conditions there must not be that bad.  He was able to have conjugal visits with his penpal girlfriend at the time.  They are now married and have an 8 year old daughter.

There are literally no limits on stupidity. What woman thinks it's a good idea to marry and have a child with a murderer.  It's actually fascinating how stupid people are.

Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

Its sad this has gone on all these years and they still dont know where she is or where her body is.  I hope they can find out where she is. Oh I had not known he got married and has a child. 

Trusted Contributor

While I would prefer he finish the sentence in Peru as well, I think Natalee's family deserves to have their case brought to trial asap as well.  Her mom is only 63, but if something happened to her it would be terrible to not have that closure.  

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY wrote:

I'm somewhat surprised that they have been keeping him 'safe' over there. 

Didn't he m*rder a fairly 'important' official's (or whatever) daughter?  I don't exactly recall who the father is and his career position, though.  

@ROMARY @Yes, he's convicted in of the murder of 21-year-old Stephany Flores. Her father had run for two political offices in Peru but he did not win. He confessed to her murder but later tried to recant saying he forced into the confession by law enforcement. 

Honored Contributor

@sann wrote:

Read about this yesterday on Instagram....It's been 18 years since her disappearance... the pain and agony the family has been through....she went missing May 30th 2005....

@sann  Wow I didn't realize it was that long ago.

Natalee's mother's marriage to her stepfather didn't survive this tragedy either.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think that her body was buried at sea and will never be recovered.  I hope that her parents will start to heal after Joran's extradiction.  Joran is currently scheduled for release from Peru in 2038.  Hopefully after that he will be sent to the US to start another sentence for his extortion of Natalee's mom.

Respected Contributor

i remember when Greta Vansustern was all over this story for weeks. I wonder if she will get involved with his prosecution coverage? I bet she still has a lot of insight, that might not have been televised before.

Super Contributor

Personally, I think any hearings between him and US officials should be handled electronically so he doesn't ever set foot in this country.  He is probably hoping to be extradited to the US.  We are known to coddle criminals here. Not to mention he poses a very high security risk. He is right where he belongs.

Esteemed Contributor

@sabatini,  if his current prison is so bad I have to wonder why he is fighting extradition.

The eyes through which you see others may be the same as how they see you.
Respected Contributor

@Marp wrote:

@sabatini,  if his current prison is so bad I have to wonder why he is fighting extradition.

@Marp, I wasn't defending him, only stating what I read.

Where did you read that he's fighting extradition? Im unaware of that.

Muddling through...