Respected Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp's wife files for divorce. No pre-nup?

@ChynnaBlue wrote:

He never actually married Vanessa Paradis. It was one of those "we don't need a piece of paper" things. So it doesn't surprise me that he wound up married with no pre-nup - he doesn't value things like that. Guess he'll understand the value of paperwork now.

Too late now, but maybe he should have had a long talk with Paul McCartney before he made the leap.

Respected Contributor

Disney is not going to like this that their main star who they pay big bucks, is a wife beater.   I bet the French woman was beaten too.  

Respected Contributor

There are a lot of contradictory claims and reports out there today.  Perez Hilton's blog, which I don't read but did today, does a good job of picking up most of the reports out there and presenting them in one place.

One report said the police who went to the house on Saturday saw no evidence of abuse on Heard.  However, does it take time for bruises to form?  Also, just my own observation of the bruises:  The photo all the news outlets are using shows red only around her eye socket that I could see.  Today she walked out of court with no visible red there but with a red blotch lower on her cheekbone, which looked unharmed in the original picture.

Heard claims she has video of him beating her.  Outlets said her lawyer submitted pictures of her with bruises and of items in the home that Depp destroyed in a fit of anger.  Certainly, someone who is yelling at you and breaking things is also being abusive, especially if they're much stronger than you.  Exactly where the truth lies in all this seems unclear at this time.

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

Disney is not going to like this that their main star who they pay big bucks, is a wife beater.   I bet the French woman was beaten too.  

You do? On what evidence? He has had many different relationships and I don't ever recall any of them accusing him of that. You would think a man who has had as many relationships as he has had over the years would have at least another accusation of abuse if he was abusive. 

I am certainly not saying he didn't hit her, I have no idea if he did or not but I also would think you would have heard something by now if he were an abuser. I was in an abusive relationship and that really isn't something an abuser can hold back on and it usually happens again and again. 

I do question a woman though who ask for spousal support after such a short marriage when she is worth reported between $5-$10 million on her own. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Esteemed Contributor

Don't believe it.

If anyone instigated anything it was probably her!

$$$$$$

Trusted Contributor

@truffle wrote:

He supposedly threw a cellphone at her and it caught her in the face. (That's not a wife beater). And if she pulled something like she did to Johnny...I would throw something at her too.

Frankly, after everything I have read about this seperation, she deserved something for filing two days after his mom dies.His entire family hated her including his ex! So something was going on, and we don't know because we are not privvy to the situation.

IMHO, I would not be surprised that she's making half this stuff up just to make it look worse. She's a golddigger, and only married him for prestige, money, and to further her career.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

It has been reported that Depp offered Amber money to keep silent.  All one has to do is watch the video of her leaving the courthouse and seeing her in the back seat of her friend's vehicle to see how distraught she was. 

The French woman had much more to lose by going public.  If Disney no longer wanted to use Depp in their blockbuster movies there goes the income to raise their kids. 

Male celebrities paying off women to keep silent so it doesn't damage their career probably happens all the time. 

It also has been reported that this was not the first time Amber was hurt by Depp.  And if you think it's ok to throw projectiles at someone you are sadly mistaken. 

Respected Contributor

truffle:  TMZ reported that police sources told them the cops saw no evidence of any injuries on Heard when they were called to the house.  They said she refused to file a police report and didn't mention any physical abuse.  She only said they had an argument. 

We don't know whether she was just covering up for him and the bruises hadn't formed yet or whether things didn't happen the way she says.  It's also possible that TMZ got it wrong, but since they talked to people at the police department the report seems reliable even if souces aren't named.

Here's the link:  http://www.tmz.com/2016/05/27/amber-heard-johnny-depp-cops-no-injuries/?source=gravity

Esteemed Contributor

@truffle wrote:

It has been reported that Depp offered Amber money to keep silent.  All one has to do is watch the video of her leaving the courthouse and seeing her in the back seat of her friend's vehicle to see how distraught she was. 

The French woman had much more to lose by going public.  If Disney no longer wanted to use Depp in their blockbuster movies there goes the income to raise their kids. 

Male celebrities paying off women to keep silent so it doesn't damage their career probably happens all the time. 

It also has been reported that this was not the first time Amber was hurt by Depp.  And if you think it's ok to throw projectiles at someone you are sadly mistaken. 

She could be sincerely distraught or she could be acting. She knew there were tons of paparazzi around so if she is making this up that would be the perfect time to "act". Again, I am not saying he didn't do this as I have no idea but he doesn't have a reputation as an abuser despite  dating quite a few women over the years. As far as I know this was the first time a girl has said anything at all like this. 

IMO, it makes her look bad that right off the bat she asked for support for such a short marriage with no children involved. All by herself she is in the 1% and "fiercely independent" as she said herself. Fiercely independent women don't demand money after such a short marriage especially when her own net worth is considered. 

I just thought your comment on his ex Vanessa was odd considering that has never even been mentioned with her or any of his ex's.

I do agree that throwing anything at anyone in my book is considered abuse though. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Respected Contributor

If it's not true and she really is worth many millions of dollars as someone stated, then Depp can sue her for defamation of character and sue her for all her money.  I will be waiting to read about it in the news.