Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp divorce Pt2: Domestic Abuse, Restraining Order

I don't have a comment about the accusations.  My comment is really shallow, just indulge me.

Good Grief - did Depp ever let himself go.  

I saw some recent photos and all I could think was - the boy's been living hard.  We're near the same age so I expect some wrinkles and sagging. 

Gah...

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Not being supportive of women is hardly the point here. We don't know the the truth.

One question is ~ With Johnny being such an out of control abuser it's a wonder all the other women he abused in his past have not come to Amber's side. Is there one?  Maybe the production company for the movie he's in the process of making? Surely an alcoholic drug addict would have difficulty making it to the set.

it also makes one wonder why, if he was as bad as he claims, she stayed with him so long.  Obviously she had no reason to stay, she could have left at any time.  The way she's running off at the mouth now, she doesn't come across as a woman who would take a year of abuse when there is no reason to. 

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Not being supportive of women is hardly the point here. We don't know the the truth.

One question is ~ With Johnny being such an out of control abuser it's a wonder all the other women he abused in his past have not come to Amber's side. Is there one?  Maybe the production company for the movie he's in the process of making? Surely an alcoholic drug addict would have difficulty making it to the set.

it also makes one wonder why, if he was as bad as he claims, she stayed with him so long.  Obviously she had no reason to stay, she could have left at any time.  The way she's running off at the mouth now, she doesn't come across as a woman who would take a year of abuse when there is no reason to. 

Coming out of a relationship that was potentially (for me) and historically abusive, my first and only thought was to get the heck out of there and as far away as I could which I did.  

I just cannot in my experience understand why a woman who has the resources to leave an abusive relationship not only stays but also documents what has happened over such a long span of time and again having the financial resources available to her that she did not have to tolerate that abuse as she was not beholden to his financial support.

Honored Contributor

@momtochloe wrote:

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Coming out of a relationship that was potentially (for me) and historically abusive, my first and only thought was to get the heck out of there and as far away as I could which I did.  

I just cannot in my experience understand why a woman who has the resources to leave an abusive relationship not only stays but also documents what has happened over such a long span of time and again having the financial resources available to her that she did not have to tolerate that abuse as she was not beholden to his financial support.

Could it be, because she was setting him up?

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

There is supposedly a video of Johnny getting abusive. I say if there is one, release it so all the chatter of did he or didn't he abuse her can be put to rest. 

If he drives truckloads of cash up to her house and the divorce goes through quicky, there is a video.   If he doesn't, if he let's this take it's natural course, there is no video. 

@chrystaltree    @Irshgrl31201

Sorry, but who takes videos of a married couple having an abusive argument?      If a 3rd party was present, then this was contrived ... and a set up.

Respected Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

I don't have a comment about the accusations.  My comment is really shallow, just indulge me.

I saw some recent photos and all I could think was - the boy's been living hard.  We're near the same age so I expect some wrinkles and sagging. 

Gah...

He was on late night recently (I think Kimmel) and he looked absolutely awful!  His face was swollen or fat, he was losing his hair, and he talked in a monotone.  He mostly swore and added nothing to the interview.

Honored Contributor

@fortune

Glad I didn't see it, for real.

I don't expect perfection, we all start sagging a little in the face and the rest of us.  I got wrinkles.  

He looks like he should be propped up on a barstool with a bottle of liquor. Aging doesn't have to be so darn sloppy looking.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Valued Contributor

Wasnt Amber part of that group of people like Jennifer Lawrence and others who had the "cloud" hacked???? I seem to remember Amber sent JD nudies long before he separated from Vanessa...she was after him for a while........no excuse to turn your back on a longtme realtionship....but still.....

Amber has mostly date women

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@fortune wrote:

@Bird mama wrote:

Gah...

He was on late night recently (I think Kimmel) and he looked absolutely awful!  His face was swollen or fat, he was losing his hair, and he talked in a monotone.  He mostly swore and added nothing to the interview.

He is a well known lifelong addict and fell off the bandwagon when he left Vanessa.  He was clean for a few years and now it seems he has relapsed. Remember him being drunk at the Golden Globes? This was after reports of getting rehab for it.  Reports of him being drunk at other events. Think he is aging rapidly because his sobriety has failed.

Valued Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

Its more common than not for the woman to stay with her abuser. In most abusive relationships, the abuser gradually builds on his behavior and their control over you. It rarely ever starts off physically aggressive, it escalates over time. So the woman keeps giving him chances because he will have many times of peace and playing "nice".  so its very confusing for women and she is sometimes fooled into thinking he has changed or he'll get better, etc.... Also they may only have a few handful episodes of physical abusive or aggression.  Can't believe so many myths still abound about how women actually behave in an abusive relationship. A good book for all women to read and some men, is called "Why Does He Do That", it describe the patterns of abusers and the many different types of abusers. One type of abuser is they only do it when they are using drugs or echos, which Depp has a problem with and is a known addict.  I was in an emotionally and mentally abusive relationship for years and had no idea I was even in one until he became physically aggressive later. He became aggressive when I decided to break up with him. The book & a psychologist helped me recognize he had been abusive from the start but didn't recognize it until it became physical. If Depp did it or not, the discussion of why did she stay?....is within itself a very damaging thing to ask if abuse has happened. It completely blames the victim and excuses the behavior of the abuser.