Honored Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp divorce Pt2: Domestic Abuse, Restraining Order

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I'm curious why she is being labeled as a "golddigger" and that she is out for something.  She has her own career that's how they met. They got married and it didn't work out.  There are claims of domestic violence, if true good for her for getting out quickly.

@qbetzforreal

That's a very good question ... but women on here just love to throw that word around with such authority.  It's rather condescending ... when they don't even know the person!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

That's a very good question ... but women on here just love to throw that word around with such authority.  It's rather condescending ... when they don't even know the person!

?? Perhaps because he makes blockbuster films and she......umm.......doesn't?  Why wouldn't a money grab be part of the equation?  We don't need to be her bestie for that suspicion to arise imo.

Honored Contributor

@truffle wrote:

I thought women were supposed to be supportive of one another.  She is doing the right thing seeking divorce and getting a restraining order.  So many condemn a woman that stay in an abusive relationship!  

Gee I wonder how ol' BC is doing these days!!  Those poor women were vilified and called liars too.  

We don't even know who the "victim" in this case is yet.  Why are we supposed to blindly support a woman we know nothing about?  Sorry, but there have been many cases where the man is the victim.

What I find odd about the whole thing is that she states in the court documents that they lived together from 2012 and got married in 2015.

Don't you think she'd have seen evidence of this "abusive" nature she now claims in the previous 3 years?  And why would any woman (especially with her resources) stay with a man who was abusive?

Then to marry him only to file for divorce 15 months later, a week after his mother died?

Also, the restraining order?  As JD has stated - that won't be an issue as she very well knows they are currently on two different continents!

Things just don't add up; the previous police visit where they said no crime had been committed?  Sounds to me like she was setting the stage.  And she is an actress, after all.

Honored Contributor

@raven-blackbird wrote:

What I find interesting is the photo in the article..........and the fact that someone would keep a log of the aledged abuse.........I would think I would have left after the FIRST and not hung around to document future abuse.

back to the picture...........IF you are hit with a fist or open hand, how exactly do you get a perfectly straight line on the mark it leaves on your face...........can't see a hand  doing that...........a door, yeah, especially if it was self inflicted....................................................raven

Didn't she say he hit her with a cell phone?  It's believable but she has her own money so you'd think she would divorce him and be thnkful to be out!

Respected Contributor

@raven-blackbird

Hi Raven..... I was wondering what happened to you!

Esteemed Contributor

@FUTURE wrote:

I am not a big fan of JD. He's just wacky. But, I certainly hope this isn't true about the abuse. It seems like there is a lot going on in this scenario right now. I don't really think she should get much spousal support, given the brevity of their marriage, but he's also an idiot not to get a prenup. I'll be interested to see what Vanessa says about all of this. It is my understanding that most abusers have a long history of this (as in, someone of his age and with the number of relationships he's been in would have someone else he had abused, most likely), and if he didn't abuse Vanessa, you would think she would be saying that, especially since he's the father of her children. I know if I had an ex that was the father to my kids, and he had never abused me, and I knew of no history of abuse with him, I would come out and make sure people knew that. If this isn't true, I hope he takes her to the bank. If it is true, I hope she gets what she wants out of it (him going to jail, money, whatever), and I certainly hope others will feel the power to come forward and bring to light his awful behavior. Abuse is never ok. End of discussion. 

She did issue a statement to that effect.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3614929/Johnny-Depp-ISN-T-woman-beater-despite-Amber-Heard-s...

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Honored Contributor

TMZ:

Wife #1 and Vanessa said JD never abused them. Why did Vanessa leave after 14 years?

Esteemed Contributor

@missy1 wrote:

TMZ:

Wife #1 and Vanessa said JD never abused them. Why did Vanessa leave after 14 years?

She didn't.

Esteemed Contributor

@qbetzforreal wrote:

I'm curious why she is being labeled as a "golddigger" and that she is out for something.  She has her own career that's how they met. They got married and it didn't work out.  There are claims of domestic violence, if true good for her for getting out quickly.

If you're referring to this comment -

"And one could easily say you've learned nothing about gold diggers and the lengths they will go to get what they want. 

The reality is, you don't know the truth and neither do I.

It was in response to this -

"You all haven't learned anything about abuse and the emotional toll it takes on a woman. You'd think some of you would have learned a thing or two by now of the consequences of physical and emotional abuse." - truffle

The point is that when one levels an assertion that people don't understand the complexities of abuse, with no basis for it, someone might respond in kind to show how silly that assertion is. 

The real takeaway from the comment (in pink) is that, at this point, none of us know the truth so to call one an abuser, or the other a golddigger, would be premature.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@missy1 wrote:

TMZ:

You must know there are many reasons why couples split up.  Some times couples just drift apart.  Or are you insinuating that every separation is the result of "abuse" (since you commented earlier that JD could've "paid her off")?

Quite frankly, since Vanessa and JD seem to have parted amicably, it's no one else's business what the reasons were.