Esteemed Contributor

Johnny Depp divorce Pt2: Domestic Abuse, Restraining Order

Well this just took a tragic turn....

Amber Heard Granted Restraining Order.

Has a pile of photos showing bruises, etc. 

LINK to story.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Respected Contributor

Re: Johnny Depp divorce Pt2: Domestic Abuse, Restraining Order

I don't know what a 20 something girl wants with a 50 something man in the first place - I think it was a bad choice for both of them. 

Honored Contributor

Not sure how tragic this is, not entirely conviced there isn't some sketchiness going on either..........

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it contains an inappropriate phrase

Esteemed Contributor

I always err on the side of not blaming the victim.

Fortēs fortūna adjuvat
Trusted Contributor

@gardensla wrote:

I normally do too, but when we are talking about this much money and this short of a marriage, I am less inclined to do so.

Respected Contributor

I am not a big fan of JD. He's just wacky. But, I certainly hope this isn't true about the abuse. It seems like there is a lot going on in this scenario right now. I don't really think she should get much spousal support, given the brevity of their marriage, but he's also an idiot not to get a prenup. I'll be interested to see what Vanessa says about all of this. It is my understanding that most abusers have a long history of this (as in, someone of his age and with the number of relationships he's been in would have someone else he had abused, most likely), and if he didn't abuse Vanessa, you would think she would be saying that, especially since he's the father of her children. I know if I had an ex that was the father to my kids, and he had never abused me, and I knew of no history of abuse with him, I would come out and make sure people knew that. If this isn't true, I hope he takes her to the bank. If it is true, I hope she gets what she wants out of it (him going to jail, money, whatever), and I certainly hope others will feel the power to come forward and bring to light his awful behavior. Abuse is never ok. End of discussion. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes. This is already being discussed on the two existing threads (Pt. 1 and my thread in TV and Movies forum). It's the same subject as the divorce.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mrsq2022 wrote:

@gardensla wrote:

I normally do too, but when we are talking about this much money and this short of a marriage, I am less inclined to do so.

It also needs to be determined who the victim is, which was probably what you're thinking also.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@hoosieroriginal wrote:

I don't know what a 20 something girl wants with a 50 something man in the first place - I think it was a bad choice for both of them. 

@hoosieroriginal, youre being kind.  We all know what a 20 something girl wants from a 50 something year old rich man.  Especially when trouble starts so early without a pre nup, lol.

“You can’t wait until life isn’t hard anymore to be happy”. (By Nightbirde, singer of the song, It’s Ok)