Honored Contributor

John Lennon's Killer Denied Parole Again - YAY!

Mark Chapman has been denied parole for the ninth time.  He'll be eligible again in 2018.  

As I Beatles fan myself, I hope this guy never gets out of jail.  Lennon was only 40 yrs. old when he was killed.  How knows what beautiful music this world won't have because he left us so young? This was a premeditated murder, with the murderer cruelly "lying in wait" for the victim.

'In a description of its decision, the parole board noted that Chapman has since described the murder as "selfish and evil." The board concluded that the factors supporting Chapman's parole were outweighed by the premediated and "celebrity-seeking" nature of the crime.Your release would be incompatible with the welfare of society and would so deprecate that seriousness of the crime as to undermine respect for the law," the board wrote."

Source:  www.foxnews.com

Esteemed Contributor

Re: John Lennon's Killer Denied Parole Again - YAY!

I don't think that there ever was any realistic chance that he was going to get out, or ever get out.

The parole hearing is just a formality, just like with Manson.

Yeah, he will be "up for parole", but everybody knows that he'll never get it.

The hearing is just a formality.

Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

I don't think that there ever was any realistic chance that he was going to get out, or ever get out.

The parole hearing is just a formality, just like with Manson.

Yeah, he will be "up for parole", but everybody knows that he'll never get it.

The hearing is just a formality.

@Plaid Pants2  While I generally agree with these thoughts, I'm in the "never say never" camp.  I don't think you can predict anything with certainty about the judicial system, so while I agree, I wouldn't be so absolute in my assertions because you never know.  Just like there's no "slam-dunk" jury verdict.

Esteemed Contributor

Trash.

I can't even stand to look at his face...

Respected Contributor

To lie in wait and murder a person in cold blood deserves a LIFE sentence! No easy outs or early releases. LIFE behind bars! It's an insult to the victim to release a murderer out into the world. Enjoy your horrible life in the pokey Mark! (and stay there)

Honored Contributor

I'm not a Beatle's fan, but think he should remain in prison till death.

I also think the guy who shot Reagan and the others, should've remained in jail for life.  Murder was his intent. 

Honored Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

I'm not a Beatle's fan, but think he should remain in prison till death.

I also think the guy who shot Reagan and the others, should've remained in jail for life.  Murder was his intent. 

I strongly agree that the creep who shot Reagan should have been kept in a mental institution for life. Just goes to prove that in the judicial system you can buy your way out of anything.

Honored Contributor

He murdered a legend; he will never be parolled.  

Honored Contributor

He like Manson should never get parole OR be offered parole. Just put them away and throw away the key! Neither of them deserve to breath.

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

He murdered a legend; he will never be parolled.  

Never say never.  Just ask Chandra Levy's parents.