Respected Contributor

Re: Jessa Duggar Seewald is pregnant

@lucieinthesky wrote:

I would have figured that Jill would have been the one pregnant with second baby before Jessa.. The daughter I feel sorry for is Jana - the oldest -- she has not been allowed to meet or get to know  any guys because they need her at home helping with all the younger kids. She is their permanent baby sitter. I'd be pretty ticked off if I were her! 

How would you know this to be true?. Lol I've read and seen where Jana does a lot of volunteer work (with males) she is a mid-wife/Dula (works) and she is also a Missionary in foreign countries. Hardly the stay at home hermit you paint her to be. Perhaps she is gay? She could also be private and protective especially if she is a survivor of her brother's acting out.... or perhaps , a mixture of some of these things.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Haven't heard or read anything about inappropriate sexual behavior by the father in front of the kids.....so much for "facts," LOL.

You haven't heard or read it. That doesn't mean it's not fact. Unless you and the posters who hearted your post believe you've heard and read everything there is to know and I doubt that's true of anyone. I remember reading about it and perhaps @Noel7 (who mentioned it) or another poster has the links or news references that were posted on previous thread about this. And by the way it's not a "LOL" issue.

Valued Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@lucieinthesky wrote:

I would have figured that Jill would have been the one pregnant with second baby before Jessa.. The daughter I feel sorry for is Jana - the oldest -- she has not been allowed to meet or get to know  any guys because they need her at home helping with all the younger kids. She is their permanent baby sitter. I'd be pretty ticked off if I were her! 

How would you know this to be true?. Lol I've read and seen where Jana does a lot of volunteer work (with males) she is a mid-wife/Dula (works) and she is also a Missionary in foreign countries. Hardly the stay at home hermit you paint her to be. Perhaps she is gay? She could also be private and protective especially if she is a survivor of her brother's acting out.... or perhaps , a mixture of some of these things.

It's offensive to minimize child molestation, incest and adultery as "acting out" imo. That's a mindset that helps allow people to think it's ok to sweep it under the rug, hide it, perpetuate the despicable activity.

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@lucieinthesky wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ- would you care to share the source of your reading material?

I've read quite a lot about Bill Gothard that is factual and objective. In fact, examples of his teaching materials are available online. 

They provide a "fair and honest" perspective on life in families who follow his teachings.

To the best of my current knowledge, neither Jana nor any of the other sisters in the family have actually "worked" as paid employees in any capacity, including midwife/doula. I have seen suggestions that she has "assisted" other trained professionals.

on the other hand, my mother was one of 8, and all the older children had household responsibilities, including caring for the younger. No big deal.

Esteemed Contributor

@Juniebugz wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Haven't heard or read anything about inappropriate sexual behavior by the father in front of the kids.....so much for "facts," LOL.

You haven't heard or read it. That doesn't mean it's not fact. Unless you and the posters who hearted your post believe you've heard and read everything there is to know and I doubt that's true of anyone. I remember reading about it and perhaps @Noel7 (who mentioned it) or another poster has the links or news references that were posted on previous thread about this. And by the way it's not a "LOL" issue.

I decide when I'll LOL, not you.

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@lucieinthesky wrote:

I've read quite a lot about Bill Gothard that is factual and objective. In fact, examples of his teaching materials are available online. 

They provide a "fair and honest" perspective on life in families who follow his teachings.

To the best of my current knowledge, neither Jana nor any of the other sisters in the family have actually "worked" as paid employees in any capacity, including midwife/doula. I have seen suggestions that she has "assisted" other trained professionals.

on the other hand, my mother was one of 8, and all the older children had household responsibilities, including caring for the younger. No big deal.

The Duggars have publicly stated that they have no association with Bill Gothard..........

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Never said you couldn't use it. Sad that you or anybody thinks it's an issue to laugh about.

Esteemed Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@violann wrote:

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@lucieinthesky wrote:

The Duggars have publicly stated that they have no association with Bill Gothard..........

Do you believe it because the Duggar's said so?

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor

@Juniebugz wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Never said you couldn't use it. Sad that you or anybody thinks it's an issue to laugh about.

Sad that you feel the need to make unfounded accusations.

Valued Contributor

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

@Juniebugz wrote:

@YorkieonmyPillow wrote:

Sad that you feel the need to make unfounded accusations.

I don't. I do however think making light of molestation and other offenses is very sad and tells us one reason it's often hidden or excused away.