Respected Contributor

Very nice clothing. The camera stays away from closeups of her face. She looks like a Barbie doll.

She seems very stiff in body and face ----imho nothing real or relaxed about her 78 or 178.

Frequent Contributor

She looks amazing!

Honored Contributor

****** Clark once said, "it's in the genes".  He held on to his youthful appearance a long time.  Maybe hers are good genes too.

Honored Contributor

Re: Jaclyn Smith

[ Edited ]

@ellaphant wrote:

Her face doesn't move. It looks like a mask .She's had a lot of work done. The wig was obvious.

I don't know how anyone thinks she looks good.

And I've had cosmetic surgery. Very natural. I'd die if my face didn't move.

Umm, no, trust me you really woudn't die.

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

Good docs, good genes. She was always a lovely woman; still is.

Honestly, and I don't mean this in a "snarky" way, but just reality...if we all had the resources...the money for and the access to, what we knew to be those docs who can do "good work", whatever our choices were to tweak or do...we'd hold it together pretty well too. Of course, lol...she had a "leg up" to begin with. 😉

Respected Contributor

@Mz iMac wrote:

Maybe she uses Aragon Oil like the 70+ yr old who looks 40 something per Josie Maran. Smiley Tongue

Lol Ah yes, that's IT! ....yea, no. Save THAT money.

Honored Contributor

She's always been a beautiful woman.  I didn't realize she had a line of HSN.  Back in the day I bought a few of her things fro K-Mart and I really lifed them. 

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Super Contributor

Jaclyn Smith was born beautiful......wouldn't take as much tweaking to preserve her beauty as she ages. 

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant wrote:

Her face doesn't move. It looks like a mask .She's had a lot of work done. The wig was obvious.

I don't know how anyone thinks she looks good.

And I've had cosmetic surgery. Very natural. I'd die if my face didn't move.

I really agree with you.  From afar, she does look younger than her actual age, and that's not only because of her cosmetic surgery, but also that she dresses in a young style, has stayed very slender, and has young hair.  I don't know if it's a wig or not, but it probably is at least some "helper hair" as they call it.  Extentions or something.

Close up, she looks a little strange.  Just not a normal aging situation.  Not what I would consider "graceful aging".  As you say, more like a mask like appearance.

I don't know why some people have cosmetic surgery and avoid that look, and some people look more mask-like.  Helen Mirren has had some surgery I think, but I think she has avoided fillers, etc.  She has lines on her face that she leaves alone, and she looks good, but not strange.  I think it's the fillers that end up making your face look more puffy and plastic, I don't know.

Like you, I have had some cosmetic surgery, when I was in  my fifties, I'm now almost 77 and I toy with the idea of some procedure or other as I age and get older looking, but when I see these celebrities, and the outcomes of their cosmetic work, I realize I don't want anything more.  I guess I'd rather look old and normal, than smoother and strange. 

You have to do what makes you happy, though, and I still think Jaclyn Smith is a very, very attractive woman.  I think she was one of the most gorgeous women on television over the years, and she seems like a lovely person.

It's hard to grow older and see yourself change physically, I know it was hard for me.  I just think if I had something done (aside from the concerns about the dangers of surgery for anyone), I would be very unhappy if my results had me looking weird.

Trusted Contributor

@IMW wrote:

Very nice clothing. The camera stays away from closeups of her face. She looks like a Barbie doll.

She seems very stiff in body and face ----imho nothing real or relaxed about her 78 or 178.

I noticed this.  I was trying to look at her more closely, but the camera almost never comes close to her.  I wonder if it's just a coincidence, or if she requests this.