Respected Contributor

I will never buy anything that woman sells. I stopped buying from her 3 years ago. Her stuff used to be good when she first came on HSN. Then her products are all made in China and would break or fall apart. Complete garbage line she has now. Example... I bought her huggable hangers when they first came out and they are still in my closet. I wanted more sets for my guest bedroom so 3 years ago I ordered them and they were thinner and actually broke in half and some metal hooks came right out of the hanger. Wth. Same thing happened with her My Little Steamer. I still have her original one and it still works. The later ones all stopped working. I even gave them as gifts and not one person told me theirs still works. They all stop working. My friend had Joys luggage she bought 2 years ago and she went to get her bag at the baggage carousel at the airport and the handle came right off!!!

Esteemed Contributor

I don't own any of Joy's luggage (or any other tv luggage).  I travel all the time, worldwide and choose my luggage carefully.  Buy it from Ebags (there is an outlet I use).  I go by size, weight, construction and brand.  I am partial to Travel Pro and LeSportsac (for carry on and "just in case").  

Esteemed Contributor

There is/was a California Proposition 65 Warning on her luggage that many people freaked out about.  I personally would not buy it without having first seen it with my own eyes.  I say this, because a decent luggage set is an investment.

*Call Tyrone*
Contributor
I bought a luggage set from Samantha Brown several years ago and I love it. It still looks great and functions very well. Having the right luggage can make traveling a lot easier and a bit less stressful.
Valued Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

Not sure which category includes "Luggage", so I'll post it here.

I saw the TS of 3 pieces of Luggage ... with drawers !!! ... and am wondering if anyone can comment on this brand of totes and luggage.    

I was planning to purchase one large piece when the right one came along, to add to my collection, but now I'm liking the idea of drawers in my suitcases.

I usually don't like to purchase large items because returning them is such a PITA .... so would like to be confident I'll probably keep it if I buy it.

Anyone have any feedback ?     TIA !!

Tink

Briggs/Riley have an unconditional life time warranty. Tumi reduced theirs. Keep doing your homework. Joy and the gang never mention B/R, but every other name gets dropped. Hm....

Valued Contributor

@patbz

Thank you for your wise luggage suggestions! 

My DH is looking for a laptop/IPad tote trolley with SPIN wheels he could put under the front seat during plane travel  and put his carry on in the overhead bin.  Many are the drag along wheels, he prefers the spin wheels. 

His computer bag fits under the seat but is HEAVY , he is thinking a rolling tote makes sense.   

I would appreciate any suggestions.  

We have a nice  TRAVEL CHAT group over on the AMONG FRIENDS Forum, do drop in! 

We are trying get a dedicated  QVC  TRAVEL FORUM set up for questions like luggage.  

Keep Calm and Travel On, 

CAT

Valued Contributor

I am a road warrior, on several flights per week.  Briggs & Riley is excellent and backed by a lifetime warranty.  My current bag is a spinner hardside by Travelon.  I love it. I never, ever check my bags.  I think Travelon has a laptop size version, too.  

Contributor

I live near an HSN outlet.  Last time I was there, they had tons of Joy luggage.  I would give it a C-.

Honored Contributor

Re: JOY MANGANO LUGGAGE?

[ Edited ]

I don't like Mangano anything.  The only item of Joy's I've had luck with are her hangers from years ago.  Even the newer version of those aren't the same. 

I never tried her luggage but I know more than one person who has and it fell apart.  Pieces broke off, zippers broke, etc.   

I own Samantha Brown luggage and love it.  Right now I have a 2 piece set that is a 21" carry-on and I think the other piece is called the under seater.  I do want the larger bag to check.

I personally wouldn't even consider Joy's stuff.   

Valued Contributor

Re: JOY MANGANO LUGGAGE?

[ Edited ]

My mom purchased this recent TSV in yellow for my daughter who is going on a school trip to Washington DC in June. For her purposes I think it will be great. It sounds as if Joy has made improvements to her luggage since several years ago. The double zipper as an example. I remember reading some not so great luggage reviews for joy, but that again was from a long time ago. I'm definitely curious and hopeful as to what will come in the mail. I have an expensive set of luggage that was purchased a around 13 years ago and while it still looks great, the dimensions of carry on luggage has changed and even the smallest is not carry on friendly, which is a shame. I did notice that the smallest wheeled piece in this set is ONE inch over what most airlines allow for depth... (really joy? why would you do that???)  not sure if that would be something you could get away with or not... I guess there is only one way to find out. I have my fingers crosse dthat this one is decent. I can see my daughter really liking the drawer funciton... I just hope it works well. I thought it was a little weird that during the presentations joy wasn't packing and unpacking the luggage which would have showed how much was in there and how easily or not easily the drawers went in and out. I'll try to remember to come back report after we get it Smiley Wink

I totally understand the skepticism. Joys products are really hit or miss. She is quite the saleswoman, I'll give her that. 

As a side note, someone asked about the PROP 65 warning on the hsn forums and an hsn rep responded that this new luggage does not have that warning.