Honored Contributor

Not sure which category includes "Luggage", so I'll post it here.

I saw the TS of 3 pieces of Luggage ... with drawers !!! ... and am wondering if anyone can comment on this brand of totes and luggage.    

I was planning to purchase one large piece when the right one came along, to add to my collection, but now I'm liking the idea of drawers in my suitcases.

I usually don't like to purchase large items because returning them is such a PITA .... so would like to be confident I'll probably keep it if I buy it.

Anyone have any feedback ?     TIA !!

Tink

Respected Contributor

If you want a soft-side piece....check out the deals HSN has with Samantha Brown. 

Personally, I prefer hard-side light-weight luggage.....I have a Heys case that I love and I use Samantha Brown packing cubes.  It has held up well and is easy for me to handle.

Honored Contributor

I just took a peek at HSN and looked at reviews for Joy's luggage, (not the TS, but similar). 3 out of 5 stars. Her luggage is beautiful but I would read up on it first. I like Joy but since this is a lot of money, it's best to be safe than sorry.

BTW Samantha Brown's luggage has not so great reviews.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Respected Contributor

Joy sold me on this luggage today because of the wheels. A couple of weeks ago, I bought a Samantha Brown wallet and I sent it back because I thought the price was too high for the quality. We will see, Joys luggage has the Good Housekeeping seal and a 10 year warranty. I hope it lasts, seems like it is made out of strong material and I like the drawers. I got the periwinkle blue. 

Honored Contributor

I bought a three piece set of her luggage many years ago.  It had the drawers and the wheels.  The first time I carried it I knew would be the last.  The zippers were not strong.  The wheels were not smooth like other luggage, and I ended up not liking the drawers either.  I got rid of it right after that trip.  It was a complete waste of my money.  It may have improved through the years, but I would never take a chance on it again.

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

have two sets of her luggage for several years now......not the drawer style though.

they are still holding up well. use them often for airplane trips and weekend getaways by car. no problems with the hardware or with the soft sided material. quality pieces. i also have a set of imans quilted luggage, which i think is made by the same company.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

I have a luggage collection so I am not in the market for more.  I travel with one garment bag on wheels (4 of them) and a large suitcase, also four wheels.  I check them.  I have a soft carry on for stuff to read and things that are too valuable to check.  Actually I have several choices of everything.  I have too much and darn the airport experience never seems to destroy them so I can buy the latest and greatest.  It is like my car, cannot get a new one because it never goes bad.  

Honored Contributor

I have one of her earlier sets and what a bunch of junk it is!   The largest piece won't even stand up when it's packed.   I was literally in tears trying to pack this thing according to instructions.   Used once and will never,  never use it again.   The next time the Salvation Army is around they'll take the whole mess with them. 

Save your money for Samantha Brown.   Her luggage is very nice,  holds up well and looks good. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I would not buy luggage without seeing it in person. 

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I have a luggage collection so I am not in the market for more.  I travel with one garment bag on wheels (4 of them) and a large suitcase, also four wheels.  I check them.  I have a soft carry on for stuff to read and things that are too valuable to check.  Actually I have several choices of everything.  I have too much and darn the airport experience never seems to destroy them so I can buy the latest and greatest.  It is like my car, cannot get a new one because it never goes bad.  

@bonnielu

Oh boy, I hear ya!   I also have a "luggage collection" and a fine running Toyota that has paid for itself 5 times over.   LOL

On the other hand, you probably update programs on your computer when they come out .... at least some of them.    Maybe it's time to "update" your luggage collection and donate the used pieces so someone who's short on cash can get a decent piece of luggage for a trip.