Respected Contributor

the saga of the $229, 22lb prime rib.........okay, when hubs and I went to Albertson's to get the rest of the stuff for the dinner (another $307 {#emotions_dlg.blush})..........I just kept thinking that is an expensive dinner and a way expensive cut of meat this better be good.........the kinda good like it's your last meal and the warden says what do you want, and you have the BEST meal of your life, kinda good........well hubs saw this thing at Albertson's, little brochure with a picture of a prime rib on it and said that looks wonderful.........problem, can't get one like that with a rock salt encasement...............so I told him, okay I'll do the prime rib this year.........xmas morning, I took the roast out and let it set on the c-top........I minced onion and garlic in the food processor, added a ton of herbs to it, all fresh ground, kosher salt, fresh ground pepper, and the olive oil to the whole mess, until it was a paste..........then I started encasing the roast in the the mixture...........kinda like you do with the rock salt........cooked at 450 for 45 mins...........the dropped to 350..........cooked it for 3 hours which was exactly the time the thermostat hit 150 degrees.............took it out and let it rest for 30 mins..................the kids went nuts for it..........hubs said it was the best.........so no more rock salt..........we'll do it this way from now on.............if I can remember what the heck I did in that kitchen...............raven

We're not in Kansas anymore ToTo