Honored Contributor

Re: It's that time of year again - 'Brag Newsletters' instead of Christmas Cards...

I'm waiting for the one that says "Hubby didn't get his promotion because of his antics at the Christmas party,  son Lonnie lost his appeal and will spend 13 months in jail for that ebezzlement misunderstanding, and daughter Lucretia came in dead last at the gymnastics tournament.  No family has nothing but 100% glowing news.   

Respected Contributor

Re: It's that time of year again - 'Brag Newsletters' instead of Christmas Cards...

Hello!

I thought that you were my friend/relative.

I thought you might be interested in my life & what has kept me so busy that we haven't had time to keep up with each other.

I'm really sorry that you wish bad things for me & not happiness. 

I'm very sorry that you thought the picture of my grandson & his soccer trophy was obnoxious. He was so proud of that.

Maybe you should write a list of things that have made you happy this past year & you will see what a good life that you have. 

But, don't send it to me. I don't care. I will throw it in the trash & not even glance at it.

So I iwll save my time it takes to do this. I will save my paper & my stamps.

I'll text you a generic "Happy Holiday".

Signed,

Ebenezer Scrooge

Valued Contributor

so don't  think these cards are bragging..Remember bumper stickers my kid is an honor studemt?Parents like to acknowledge their kids. my cousins have a farm,added llamas, so cute Santa hats last year on them, so cute..Brag all you want it's fun to share in the joy!  hugs,MaryAnne 

Super Contributor

Wise, wise Lady !!!!   lol.............................its hard to keep up with them !!!!!

Respected Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@jaxs mom wrote:

That time of year again, let the whiners begin. Oh wait, it's QVC forums, so that's year round. 

Am I in the minority in that I don't mind these newsletters? I happen to like to read good news about the latest with friends and relatives. 

I don't mind some of them - but the problem is - some of the "happy good news" stories are just that - stories.  I've gotten ones where I know the real story of things happening in the family and I look at the newsletter and wonder - "what family are they talking about?"  As ppl have stated - if you know the person you already know the score so who are these newsletters really for?  

Trusted Contributor

I always get a charge out of them and never take them too seriously.  I'm surprised to hear how they irritate so many people.  The ones I receive are generally infused with humor and self-deprecation.  

Respected Contributor

We never receive them, but I do remember a hilarious episode of "Everybody Loves Raymond" which dealt with the subject.  They sometimes cause trouble.  Frank was a riot in the episode!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Despise boasting, bragging, and - especially - arrogance.

Used to receive seasonal ones many years ago from a close friend, but only read it for updates on the kids and pets I liked.  ;-)

New Contributor

Isn't that what facebook is for these days lol?

Honored Contributor

We no longer get these.  In fact, we get very few Christmas cards anymore.

Since FB, many people can do all the bragging they want there on a regular basis.  No need to wait until x-mas to send out a once of year letter.