Honored Contributor

It's that time of year again - 'Brag Newsletters' instead of Christmas Cards...

Ugh, honestly, I can't stand them. DH and I won't even read them and they go directly to the shredder without passing 'Go' or a second thought.

One of the family members has several children and now grandchildren, so the newsletter is more than just a page or 2 long. It goes into detail about each family member's accomplishments for the past year, including pics of each holding their awards, metals, baby's 1st step, etc. I believe that they keep a running list throughout the year on their devices to make sure everything is added for the newsletter...*rolls eyes*

There is also no Christmas card, no mention of wishing us a happy holiday season, not even asking 'AND how are you both doing?'...

Nope, we are so done with reading any of them...

What are your thoughts? Do you get any from friends/family?

Esteemed Contributor

Re: It's that time of year again - 'Brag Newsletters' instead of Christmas Cards...

Hate them. Very impersonal, bratty and show off. We don’t have any kids in our families to brag about but the adults can be just as bad.

Respected Contributor

Re: It's that time of year again - 'Brag Newsletters' instead of Christmas Cards...

I'm personally NOT a fan.  Neither is my husband.

THanks for the reminder.  I get several each year, and I'm sure there are some in the works right now.

Not a fan.

Honored Contributor

I don't get any of them but I used to.  I think so many people use social media to post pictures and accomplishments all year (not to mention pictures of what they are eating) that the letters have decreased.  

Honored Contributor

only "christmas letter" I'm sending & hopefully read is to my younger son - UGH!!! (hes on the ##### list right now).   I told his fiance' to be on the lookout ...she said she is going to make sure she works OT the day that letter comes!!! LOL....

As for normal christmas letters - I always send a few cards to only special friends / relatives who live a distance (or older) with a handwritten note inside.  Nothing "boasting" just a hello & merry christmas!

Respected Contributor

@Susan Louise wrote:

Ugh, honestly, I can't stand them. DH and I won't even read them and they go directly to the shredder without passing 'Go' or a second thought.

One of the family members has several children and now grandchildren, so the newsletter is more than just a page or 2 long. It goes into detail about each family member's accomplishments for the past year, including pics of each holding their awards, metals, baby's 1st step, etc. I believe that they keep a running list throughout the year on their devices to make sure everything is added for the newsletter...*rolls eyes*

There is also no Christmas card, no mention of wishing us a happy holiday season, not even asking 'AND how are you both doing?'...

Nope, we are so done with reading any of them...

What are your thoughts? Do you get any from friends/family?

So, just continue ignoring their newsletters. No need to pass judgement on the people who send them.

Honored Contributor

Lol. We used to receive those all the time and they were ALL gag-worthy with one exception; good friends who HATED these "brag" letters. So...they would offer up the truth in their yearly letter. One year it was:

* 3 kids where ALWAYS one would puke on the parent during a school or work event. For the entire year, EVERY event meant vomit.

*Their boat caught on fire and sunk.

* Their house caught on fire and they had to move into a rental. The rental caught on fire and they had to move to an apartment. The apartment building caught on fire and they had to move to a hotel. The hotel had a fire and they had to move in with his parents. You guessed it...His parents home caught on fire and by then, their house was ready for them to move back in.

* One kid went through 8 pairs of eye glasses due to the twin throwing them away. Apparently the other twin didn't like that they weren't identical anymore and so...bye bye glasses!

The whole letter was such a black comedy that you couldn't help laugh while feeling so bad for them and feeling SO HAPPY IT WASN'T YOUR LIFE!!!!  Those are the kind of letters I wish people would sent out in their CHristmas cards, lol.

Honored Contributor

That time of year again, let the whiners begin. Oh wait, it's QVC forums, so that's year round. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval
Honored Contributor

@jaxs mom wrote:

That time of year again, let the whiners begin. Oh wait, it's QVC forums, so that's year round. 

@jaxs mom  I believe in equal opportunity whining and it happens throughout the year, not just around the holidays  Smiley Happy

Respected Contributor

Not a fan of those.

BUT...I really love the kids/family photo cards....and the family pets, too! Heart