Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

I am looking ahead to fall when it comes to purchases I am making.  However, I agree that there is more of summer left to enjoy.

What I am NOT interested in at the moment is Christmas,  There is plenty of time for that in spite of the Q's high-pressure tactics to make you think the frenzy is necessary.

The Hallmark Channel is already running their ads for x-mas movies.  During regular programs, there is a red banner and some glittery looking stuff that pops up about the holiday programming!  It's been going on for about 2 weeks now.  Ridiculous. 

Honored Contributor

I agree with you..summer s not over on Labor Day. As long as it is still hot outside, it's still summer to me even after the official end on Sept 22.

We are going to the beach for a week after Labor Day and still plan on going to the lake and enjoying weekends  on our boat until the middle of October.

I love Summer and all of the activities that come with it. 

Honored Contributor

I've bought some new clothes, the weather has cooled (chilly in early am), school's started and mentally I've moved into fall.  When deciding what to wear out to dinner last night, I realized with a jolt, I could wear a summer outfit and sandals.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: It Is Not Fall Yet

[ Edited ]

Here in Pittsburgh the kids have gone back to school - that means all vacations etc are over for families with children and they are into their school year routine. Thus - they feel it is fall. Also here the trees are starting to turn - the flowers are pretty much spent and leggy and , in general, it just looks like the start of fall. And even though it is hot during the day it is getting cool at night - a certain sign of fall. We went to the farmers stand to get corn and they said - sorry - it's all gone for this year.All we have are tomatoes and pumpkins. Not to mention that campaigning is in full swing and that is not supposed to occur until fall either.

Regular Contributor

Re: It Is Not Fall Yet

[ Edited ]

Here in Connecticut, the State Police posted the following tongue-in-cheek alert last week (I thought it was pretty cute!):

***An Act Concerning Fall Madness***

Whereas we are still in the season commonly known as “summer”, it will now be a fineable offense to engage in and/or post on social media about activities related to the season commonly known as “fall” or “autumn” until September 22nd.

This infraction includes but is not limited to the following activities: Posting on social media about Halloween, pumpkin spice anything (lattes, candles, deodorant, ramen noodles, etc.), sweatshirts, boots with fur, pumpkin carving, leaf peeping, hay rides, corn mazes, etc.

Posting about or engaging in activities related to the season known as “winter” will double the fines associated with this act.

Yes, this is a joke. You will not be fined for any of these activities however it will make your summer loving friends happy! Enjoy this warm weather while we have it!

Honored Contributor

@Shogirl wrote:

I'm with you, PhilaLady1!  We're still in mid-90s weather here and we're not anywhere near feelin' Fall yet.  I saw Christmas decor out at Hobby Lobby like a month ago - it's unbelievable how they hurry the seasons along. 

It's always been like that.  Retailers don't wait until the season starts to introduce new clothing styles.

And btw, the weather where I am has been overcast and foggy ALL SUMMER, temps in the 50s and 60s.  It feels like fall here Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@jclark73 wrote:

It's just you . .  lol . . after Labor Day, our Fall/Winter schedules kick in again, regardless of the weather. Kids go back to school. Personally, I return to choir practice and weekly Bible study. and with my work schedule, it just gets busier again. For me, Labor Day is the end of my Summer schedule.

I agree 100 percent!  Fall is here!  Hot weather is still here, but fall, football, shorter days, lawns and plants getting ready to shut down for the winter, the angle of the light--you can see it everywhere!

You can still enjoy the hot weather, but it's FALL!!!!!

Respected Contributor

Fall can not come soon enough. I hate having to use air conditioning and look forward to cool weather. My office is always cold so I am forever wearing a long sweater to stay warm.  

My families business is in garden centers so once July hits and the flowers are done you start to look forward to Fall and Mums. For them (And me since I am a relative so that means free help!) Planning for pumpkins,mums, hay bales, Indian corn and all the foodie goodies that go along with the season. Start getting talked up in some of the hottest weather! ( A lot of ordering, estimating and deciding who is baking what)

So yep I am ready for Fall!!

Respected Contributor

When I was teaching I considered the first day of school synonymous with the first day of fall! Now, I want to enjoy the rest of summer! I, too, love fall, but I, too, am sick of everything being rushed! Pretty soon the Valentine decorations will be put out October 1! Live is going too fast as it is, no need to rush it artificially! I love the fact that Nordstrom refuses to decorate for Christmas until after Thanksgiving ! Don't people know that to everything there is a season?🙄

Never underestimate the power of kindness.
Respected Contributor

I will be so happy when the " bers" get here!

Almost time!Smiley Very Happy