Respected Contributor

@Perkup  Not looking for summer clothes.  And regarding fall food, I happen to be munching on pumpkin flavored mini wheats cereal as I am typing : )

I guess my question was more rhetorical and I just felt like expressing my feelings about it.  I know I'm in a minority.   I'm gonna keep thinking I've got 3 weeks of summer left.  

Esteemed Contributor

I never want summer to end!!

Super Contributor

Re: It Is Not Fall Yet

[ Edited ]

@PhilaLady1 wrote:

@Perkup  Not looking for summer clothes.  And regarding fall food, I happen to be munching on pumpkin flavored mini wheats cereal as I am typing : )

I guess my question was more rhetorical and I just felt like expressing my feelings about it.  I know I'm in a minority.   I'm gonna keep thinking I've got 3 weeks of summer left.  

I like your attitude! Have Summer as long as you want Woman Happy

“The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown.” H.P. Lovecraft
Respected Contributor

I am not a big summer fan.  Too hot.  I love fall, cooler temperatures, color leaves and no 20 hours of daylight.

Respected Contributor

Even here in Fl. the temperature has cooled a bit.  We have a light breeze and the air feels wonderful.  Can Fall be far behind?

Honored Contributor

Some schools started today in southeastern PA.  I think that puts many of us into a Fall state of mind.  But it sure doesn't feel like Fall - too hot, even at night.

Respected Contributor

@PhilaLady1

I agree with you all the way. I think our world is always in a big hurry, all the time. It's rush, rush, rush. Life goes by so fast now at my age, I say lets slow down a bit.

I also agree with the money thing, It's a dog eat dog world. I love fall too, but it will get here soon enough. I see leaves dropping off the trees already here in Wisconsin.

Honored Contributor

PhilaLady, I'm with you on this!  While I love fall I also love summer. (It's winter that I hate!)

I enjoy seeing fall clothing presented and have been purchasing some pieces but I know that most of it will not be worn until the end of October.  I'm also in the Philadelphia area (Bucks Co.) and it really doesn't become jacket weather until Halloween.

I agree....it's still summer!....Dh and I plan on going to the shore one day this week. 

Honored Contributor

It bothers me 2 months out, when all the stores start switching to fall clothing in late July/early August and I'm still trying to find short sleeves to wear.

Three weeks out isn't so bad. I might feel differently if it were still in the 100s here, like so many summers in the past, but this August has been overcast and rainy. It's normally in the upper 90s right now and instead the forecast shows highs of 88 and rain most days. It's been a weird summer here.

Esteemed Contributor

I live in Arizona and can only dream that Labor Day meant the end of summer. It will be hot into October. As for kids starting school, they've been in school about a month already so Labor Day doesn't mean what it used to. Can't wait for cooler mornings and being able to wear long pants and sweatshirts during the day. It gets old having the sun shine everyday. Love cloudy rainy days.