Esteemed Contributor

Issue with clowns --- must have missed the memo

I have recently been made aware that clown costumes are OUT AND OR FORBIDDEN. What is the issue, no doubt I have missed it.  If it is political excuse me for asking.  I just am curious and people I ask don't seem to know.  

Last year I taught teachers were sent home if they even wore orange and black.  What has this world come to.  Our Halloween anything was banned at our middle school and throughout the area and this was in 2010.

Honored Contributor

Re: Issue with clowns --- must have missed the memo

Adults in clown costumes have been terrorizing kids in some areas around the country.  Smiley Sad

Respected Contributor

1984 is here.

Respected Contributor

Don't think there was a memo but it's been all over the news and the papers.  People dressing up in clown costumes for no apparent reason.  Of course the media makes a huge deal out of nothing so now we have to ban clowns and clown costumes.  So dumb.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

Don't think there was a memo but it's been all over the news and the papers.  People dressing up in clown costumes for no apparent reason.  Of course the media makes a huge deal out of nothing so now we have to ban clowns and clown costumes.  So dumb.

@sparklestar

Perhaps the media is adding fuel to the fire, BUT, it is definitely NOT "a huge deal out of nothing".....  a student with a local area college here was attacked by someone dressed as a clown.....and there have been reports of clowns stalking elementary schools....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@bonnielu wrote:

I have recently been made aware that clown costumes are OUT AND OR FORBIDDEN. What is the issue, no doubt I have missed it.  If it is political excuse me for asking.  I just am curious and people I ask don't seem to know.  

Last year I taught teachers were sent home if they even wore orange and black.  What has this world come to.  Our Halloween anything was banned at our middle school and throughout the area and this was in 2010.

@bonnielu

It all started when people complained that schools were celebrating a SECULAR Holiday season....and kids weren't even allowed to hold an assembly to celebrate and sing "Jingle Bells", "Sleigh Ride" "Winter Wonderland", "Up On The Housetop", "Let It Snow"....etc etc.....So in retaliation Halloween was next on the list because of possible connection with certain Sects.......Basically because of the attitude of someone "being offended" kids can't celebrate any holidays anymore at school and aren't allowed to have some fun.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@bonnielu wrote:

@bonnielu

It all started when people complained that schools were celebrating a SECULAR Holiday season....and kids weren't even allowed to hold an assembly to celebrate and sing "Jingle Bells", "Sleigh Ride" "Winter Wonderland", "Up On The Housetop", "Let It Snow"....etc etc.....So in retaliation Halloween was next on the list because of possible connection with certain Sects.......Basically because of the attitude of someone "being offended" kids can't celebrate any holidays anymore at school and aren't allowed to have some fun.....

Our schools and our town are very big on all the Holidays. Glad I live where I live. We have no problems here, of course there are a few clown problems.

Respected Contributor

@sparklestar wrote:

Considering what I saw in the news for Utah, no sane parent would put their kid in a clown suit.   Of course not all parents are sane and have to have it spelled out for them.

There have been serious threats and harassment by 'clowns'.   And there have been crazy people attacking the clowns innocent or not.  

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*