Respected Contributor

Re: Is there a celebrity you admire?

On 5/26/2014 tansy said:That one took me a second! I enjoy Brew's quick wit.

I do too.

Honored Contributor

On 5/26/2014 Preds said:
On 5/26/2014 croemer said:

Aw..I enjoy brews posts...we have enough negativity.

I agree .... she cracks me up! They just pop in from nowhere!

I agree. She is funny and clever!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Honored Contributor

There are some mentioned, on this thread, I admire.

I admire Jon Bon Jovi for his work with his Soul Foundation. http://www.jonbonjovisoulfoundation.org/

I've seen first hand what they do....AMAZING!

You can take the girl out of Jersey, but you can't take Jersey out of the girl. Jersey Girl living in CNY.
Super Contributor

On 5/26/2014 NoelSeven said:
On 5/26/2014 sidsmom said:

I always say "people either give time or money". The people I admire the most give BOTH. Many of the celebrities mentioned give lots & lots of money....which is an admirable thing....but I can't help but think their tax guy is telling them...'you have to unload $2,000,000 for April 15th', you know?

More than likely, you won't even KNOW who the celebrities are that give the most money...or time. They slip in, donate and/or help, and quietly live their lives.

I have to disagree with you that MANY of the celebs mentioned give money only and for tax benefits.

Which of the many do you mean?

If they give money just for a tax break, so what? It does good anyway.

Esteemed Contributor

Oprah, Steven Speilberg, Gary Sinise, Tom Hanks, Bill & Melinda Gates, Bill & Hillary Clinton.
Super Contributor

Kristen Bell, Ian Somerhalder, Sophia Bush, Emmylou Harris, contemporary celebrities involved in animal welfare. Emmylou Harris has her own dog rescue, Bonaparte's Retreat who rescue dogs from Nashville's Humane Society who have run out of time.

Esteemed Contributor

On 5/26/2014 dmod nj said:
On 5/26/2014 Preds said:
On 5/26/2014 croemer said:

Aw..I enjoy brews posts...we have enough negativity.

I agree .... she cracks me up! They just pop in from nowhere!

I agree. She is funny and clever!

Yes! I always enjoy a laugh. I say keep them coming!

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

On 5/26/2014 birddrops said:

Kristen Bell, Ian Somerhalder, Sophia Bush, Emmylou Harris, contemporary celebrities involved in animal welfare. Emmylou Harris has her own dog rescue, Bonaparte's Retreat who rescue dogs from Nashville's Humane Society who have run out of time.

Add Katherine Heigl to the list! She's very involved in pet rescue as well, with The Jason Debus Heigl foundation that she and her mom founded.

The Jason Debus Heigl Foundation
Esteemed Contributor

On 5/26/2014 Buck-i-Nana said:
On 5/26/2014 birddrops said:

Add Katherine Heigl to the list! She's very involved in pet rescue as well, with The Jason Debus Heigl foundation that she and her mom founded.

Also Red Skelton's daughter. She took the money her Dad gave her after he died. She moved out of BH to a cheaper area in South Calif and has used all that money to house a German Shepard rescue center. My dad got his dog from them. I love people like that.

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Respected Contributor

On 5/25/2014 bikerbabe said:

Gary Sinese. He spends many hours and days every year working on behalf of service men and women.

I agree!