Super Contributor

Is it possible for a female dog to have a yeast infection?

My three year old lab-shep mix has been licking at herself and seems to be really frustrated that she can't satisfy this it_ch. She has always done this off and on, but today she is really getting on my nerves. When I tell her to stop, she does but then she sits here panting and just can't seem to get comfortable. I wonder if it's possible for her to have a yeast infection or something similar to it? She has been spayed since the age of 9 months, so I know it isn't like she is coming into heat.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom before I get on the phone to call my vet? I would like to have some kind of idea what I would be calling to explain.

Thanks, doggie lovers.

Let's Stay in Touch

* *You're signing up to receive QVC promotional email.
Connect with Us

The scoop on everything Q, from helpful tips to interesting tidbits, questions, answers, and more.

QVC is not responsible for the availability, content, security, policies, or practices of the above referenced third-party linked sites, nor liable for statements, claims, opinions, or representations contained therein. QVC's Privacy Statement does not apply to these third-party web sites.

© 1995–2015 QVC, Inc. All rights reserved. Trademark Notice

Desktop View Mobile View