Honored Contributor

Re: Is it just my imagination or is this board better?

@SydneyH wrote:

@Moonchilde wrote:

So, in your opinion, the moderators are either lying or totally misinformed about QVC's policies, since it was QVC's moderators who gave this information?

Wow. Perhaps this should be brought to a moderator's attention.

Don't worry about my opinon, by law, if a customer is done, a business can not 'continue' the relationship, since I highly doubt the mods here are lawyers, running to them for their take is not necessary, but nobody is stopping you, lol......

Oh, I'm not at all worried. I'm pretty positive how things will play out, in any case.

You were the one who stated the moderators were in error, so I naturally assumed you would be vested in them having the correct information. I couldn't care less, personally - about any of it.

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Esteemed Contributor

LOL....................

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Honored Contributor

MyGirlsMom wrote:

I wish facebook would abide by the wish of once and for all regarding closed accounts.  I have several family members who deleted their accounts but have the ability to re-enter the site as if nothing ever happened.  My brother died two years ago and his facebook page s still up.

mgm, i am sorry to hear about your brothers passing.

here is the information for removing the account of a deceased person......hope it will help.

https://www.facebook.com/help/contact/228813257197480

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Esteemed Contributor

@sunshine45 Thank you, thank you! 

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine and You Will Not See The Shadow
Respected Contributor

Perhaps the system has changed since 2005, but in that year I did close my QVC account and took a long break from the bulletin boards--about two years.  It had to do with very upsetting remarks about New Orleans and its residents after H. Wilma.

When another BB member that I know personally talked to me about returning (with emphasis on the Ignore button), I came back. 

To do so, I had to start a new account.  And that is when my nic acquired a capital B, as my original nic was with the lower case.

They could have changed the way they do this--it's been ten years.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

Perhaps the system has changed since 2005, but in that year I did close my QVC account and took a long break from the bulletin boards--about two years.  It had to do with very upsetting remarks about New Orleans and its residents after H. Wilma.

When another BB member that I know personally talked to me about returning (with emphasis on the Ignore button), I came back. 

To do so, I had to start a new account.  And that is when my nic acquired a capital B, as my original nic was with the lower case.

They could have changed the way they do this--it's been ten years.

I would think that if there were any forum re-dos like the current one, as people have mentioned this isn't the first "new forum" here, while you were away, that would be one explanation why you needed a new nic, as so many have said they've had to re-sign up. Strange (truly) that only happens to some. Would love to know why - seriously, not being snarky.

I joined the forums in 2005 but posted very little (and not for years) until about 2012-2013. I was able to use my original sign-on/nic, which surprised me somewhat. I suspect one issue might be if you can't remember your password, whatever auto login software they have might think a person is hacking?

Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Respected Contributor

@muttmom wrote:

Maybe those of us that are neither US nor THEM see things more objectively.  There are definitely opposing sides.

I've observed some obvious baiting as well as some blatant lies.

The new board reminds me a bit of West Side Story. 

"I'm gonna make nice with him! I'm only gonna challenge him!"

very true.

Trusted Contributor

I don't mind the bbs so much but I'm sure enjoying seeing some posters I haven't seen in a long time.  I love it.  

Respected Contributor

I thought before the new format that there were some pretty mean chatters on here but it made it interesting but nothing compared to the BC Langley Shelter Kitten Live Stream chat. I have been shocked at some of the mean comments from chatters on there. Down right rude sometimes. There are a group of people that if you don't agree with them and they feel like they are the self appointed moderators on there, you get called a troll, Amos Unicorn or a liar. 

They can hog a chat forever and it has nothing to do with kitties.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

It could be better, but I'm not completely sure.  All I know is that I keep my computer font size/zoom at 150%.  No more eye strain.  ............Edited:  What I meant by 'It could be better'.........I meant that it could be better now than it was before (not that it could be better; although, now that I'm thinking about it.....it is possible that it could indeed be better, lol.)  Confused happy face.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).