Respected Contributor

reading a post by @BirkiLady about woolovers dot com.

prompted me to ask do you have a site that you shop for unique gifts especially from other countries. I love gifting British items.

Honored Contributor

Re: International gifts sources

Not a specific site but a few years ago I looked up Irish linen handkerchiefs and found lots of lovely Irish online stores that had beautiful linens. I ordered a few and they are beautiful. Gave some to my daughters.

Thhey didn't take forever to get here eitherSmiley Happy

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

I always shop Etsy or EBay for international items. There are many small businesses represented ( most recently I purchased several hand carved walking canes from Ukraine; they were delivered within a month).

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

There are many US and international sellers and crafters on Etsy.

I bought some great hand made silk items including hair scrunchies and lace hankies for my Scarlet O'hara moments. Both from crafters in Ukraine. 

So much prettier than MIC schlock from WM.

Currently stalking a new Italian made suede hobo bag. 😊

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Overland has stores throughout the US. I shop at Omaha, NE or on-line for well made natural items. Some are sourced throughout the world.  I particularly enjoy soft wools from Peru and handmade leather footwear (and purses) from Italy and Portugal. Their leather coats/jackets are exceptional.

This is my go-to place for Christmas shopping!  Most of my family always has wish lists at Overland Sheepskin, which I'm happy to check off an item or two. The Customer Service is stellar; returns and exchanges are simple; it's a pleasure doing business with Overland!  Heart

Money screams; wealth whispers.
Trusted Contributor

I agree with those who said to shop Etsy, people sell from all over,  although be wary as shipping can take quite a while to get your product if its from out of the country. 

Respected Contributor

I always look at the Novica site, which features handicrafts from all around the world. 

Recently, I wanted to give a housewarming gift to a new colleague, originally from Panama.  Novica had nothing that week, but I found beautiful handwoven baskets from Nicaragua as gifts.. I love Mexican handicrafts and sometimes give those as gifts, too.  India and Asia also have some lovely items.  Being handcrafted, items are not super inexpensive, but there are sales.

Honored Contributor

Etsy....

Respected Contributor

When ordering from Etsy international seller, it is a good idea to know the  return and exchange policies.