Valued Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I'm tempted, but I shouldn't because my doctor just told me I might well avoid surgery if I lose weight the right way over the next 6 or 7 months.  I'm thinking lots of the things I'd most like to make are just what I shouldn't eat.

I've had meals from her past books.  Good food!

@millieshops

Take good care of yourself!  Wishing you the best.

Honored Contributor

I ordered the one she sold last year and enjoyed reading it and did make a few of the recipes. I bought the new one today because of all the great recipes in it, and David was too gushy with Ina.

Trusted Contributor

@CowGirlInTheSand wrote:

i admit the cookbook is tempting too especially the part in the back of the book with the favorite brands, however, I just can not forget her past failure with the Make-A-Wish Child's request she declined twice.  She did later try to make up for it, but it seemed that only occurred after it went very public.  Later it was stated that she was supposedly unaware of the request and that her team was responsible for turning the child down, however it is hard to imagine anyone declining a request like that.  I’m glad the child was able to move on and the mother’s blog indicated only goodwill to Ina, but it still made me sad and unwilling to buy anymore of Ina’s items.

I so agree with you and can't get past that either.  I would never buy a thing of hers because of that.

Honored Contributor

I'm so tempted. I'll wait a little while and see if I still want the cookbook. I have so many, but this will be hard for me to resist!

Valued Contributor

I bit, for sure❤️ One, she had me at the title. I, too, have a Jeffrey connection, my son.  And two, any time I have a chance to score a good recommendation from Ina for store-bought marinara sauce sign me up!  (I wear bangs so the word SUCKER across my forehead isn't totally visible unless the winds kick up!) I actually love Ina's cookbooks and find them visually stunning. Can't wait for this new one.

Honored Contributor

I wonder how many times the TRUTH about the alleged MAW thing has to be told before some can people believe it.   It's just frustrating, that's all.

Valued Contributor

I noticed the "love fest" today, as well, but honestly I felt it was mutual. I get the feeling there is a true friendship there. I look at it as a win-win for all of us since she'll be back next month!

Respected Contributor

@bri20 wrote:

I love anything Ina makes.  

I do too!

She is the one cook/chef that I would taste anything she asked.

Example: I detest liver but if she made it I would try it.

Wait a minute... On second thought I can't.Smiley LOL

Trusted Contributor

@CowGirlInTheSand wrote:

i admit the cookbook is tempting too especially the part in the back of the book with the favorite brands, however, I just can not forget her past failure with the Make-A-Wish Child's request she declined twice.  She did later try to make up for it, but it seemed that only occurred after it went very public.  Later it was stated that she was supposedly unaware of the request and that her team was responsible for turning the child down, however it is hard to imagine anyone declining a request like that.  I’m glad the child was able to move on and the mother’s blog indicated only goodwill to Ina, but it still made me sad and unwilling to buy anymore of Ina’s items.

The fact is you do not know the whole story.  She says she did not know and that her staff did not pass the request along.  Do you have any proof to the contrary or are you simply condemning someone based on gossip, rumor, and innuendo?

Unless you have actual proof, you are unfairly condemning someone without knowing all the facts.

Honored Contributor

I'm on the fence. I didn't watch the presentation but I've known about the book coming out for at least 6 months now. I own all her other cookbooks. Some of it does get repetitive though, she likes to do variations of the same recipe in different cookbooks. 

Don't Change Your Authenticity for Approval